S.W.E. Shift

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
S.W.E. Shift - Chris Kenner

Before you purchase this make sure you notice that is says "Advanced". That's exactly what this sleight is if you haven't seen/heard of it before.

This is a sleight that can be found in Expect At The Card Table which is rather difficult to understand in the book, so it was nice to see this 1on1. The sleight is very similar to the pass but with different handling, it also looks awesome when it is performed.

This is a very fun sleight to perform and Chris is right when he says that it feels incredible when you manage to get it right. It will take a good bit of practice to perfect it but that's to be expected.

Teaching: As always Chris does a wonderful job at explaining the sleight. He tells you ways that you should practice it so that you don't create bad habits when doing it. I had no problems following along but it certainly is a tricky sleight.

Price: Reasonable I would say because it's a tricky sleight to learn out of the book and it's nice to have visual aid. It's something unique to have and they will never see it coming!

Overall: 9/10 - Awesome sleight to have but difficult to do so you've been warned. I would recommend it to someone with a bit of experience with card handling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
You know what's weird about this move? I actually don't use it, and cannot do it anywhere near well, and I don't think I intend to work on it until it is usable for me, in other words, I have no intention to use the move, however, I have put a great deal of thought into HOW to use the move, or perhaps I should say when.

This is an odd shift in that it is done with the deck held in a way that the deck is not often held, and the deck is very exposed.

I have an idea for a "natural" way to execute the move, but I have no use for it, lol.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
It should also be continuously reminded that Chris Kenner has put some 20 years into this move...which explains his being able to do it so well...

:rolleyes::)

Apr 27, 2008
I dont really enjoy the S.W.E shift because of the exposed deck. I prefer the invisible pass because it requires less practice and the only part you have to worry about is the crowd angle.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results