Impromptu Miracles

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Well i've been asked to perform on the spot alot lately and i'm running out of good tricks. I'm looking for awesome impromptu tricks that are hard hitting. I do have some guidelines to fit my situations.

1. It has to be impromptu
2. It can't be too long (like ambotious card)
3. It has to be straight to the point (indecent), like it can't be very confusing (two card monte).

So does anyone know any tricks that fit these? All i can find is the biddle trick and sloppy shuffle triumph. Thanks!

P.S. Table tricks are ok.

Aug 7, 2008
How about the original Triumph? Or just have a trick that requires set up you can do in front of the spectators (i'm thinking Travelers from Real Secrets of Magic). Try making some stuff as well, I know i've made a couple of impromptu tricks that are (IMO) powerful.

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
Dan Harlen has a great series on impromptu magic videos, with everything from napkins to gum.

Also, Gregory Wilson's In Action, and On the Spot videos are great.

Mar 30, 2008
I reccomend a simple painter card/vanish and appear. You mix the selected card into the pack, show an indifferent card, put it in your pocket, and show the deck doesn't have the card in it. When you pull the card out of your pocket, people freak. I'm sure you can figure out the method. It is fairly simple, and perfect for beginners.

May 4, 2008
ok so go get 5 speed by chris kenner personally the best impromtu trick EVER (probally not but still) i have this as my routine ender insane easy 2 do easy 2 do importu easy 2 learn and GENIUS explanation I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! i think i am serious in love with that trick GO FREAKIN GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 10, 2008
I reccomend a simple painter card/vanish and appear. You mix the selected card into the pack, show an indifferent card, put it in your pocket, and show the deck doesn't have the card in it. When you pull the card out of your pocket, people freak. I'm sure you can figure out the method. It is fairly simple, and perfect for beginners.

Ive been doing this and I want to ask...
Do you think this could be revealed in a sandwhich effect combination too? as in....
" if you notice, one card has actualy jumped in between both the jokers, what was your card? The 3oS? * reveals to be the card put in pocket* " but wait if the QoS is here insted of my pocket, then where is the 3oS?'

Something along those lines.

Sep 1, 2007
-Mondo Nifty Invisible Palm by Paul Harris
-Even Four More on the Floor by Syd Segal
-Las Vegas Leaper by Paul Harris
-Mystery Card by Larry Jennings
-Rum Jungle by Chad Nelson
-Card Across and Card to Mouth by Dan and Dave Buck
-Have a spec pick a card and have an indifferent card put in their hands that magically changes into their card.
-Slop Shuffle Triumph
-Basic Key Card effect
-Card to Pocket
-A series of color changes
-Wave the Aces or some other simple sandwich effect.

Aug 24, 2008
Greece
hmmmmm

Stigmata W:H
Card to pocket
Lapse D+M(DANGEROUS)
bad influence D+M (dangerous)
half vanish D+M (Dangerous)
Re- sandwich D+M(thoughts of a madman)
Sinful W:H
punked(kevin ho-smooth operations)/reset paul harris
BELIEVE Joel paschall
Five speed Chris kenner
Ghost -David stone
Capture-D+M (three)
Bizzare twist and bizzare vanish Paul harris (Art of Ashtonishment)
Angle zero D+M (Dangerous and TWO)

Hope that helped

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
ok so go get 5 speed by chris kenner personally the best impromtu trick EVER (probally not but still) i have this as my routine ender insane easy 2 do easy 2 do importu easy 2 learn and GENIUS explanation I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! i think i am serious in love with that trick GO FREAKIN GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have 5 speed. And as great of a trick it is, its not impromptu. at least, not the way chris kenner taught it.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!

Haha, i've been doing that for a while actually only i do it with a joker. I would say "you see, i haven't made your card come to the top or anything" and i would turn over the top card and show joker and i'd say "oh, its a joker, we don't need that" and i have a spectator hold it and then i patter a bit and show them that they were holding their card. Ya, they freak.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Bizarre twist can be impromptu, so long as you don't want to perform the colour change. personally, I leave the colour change out more than I do perform it. Also, the Daniel Cros variation is more visually pleasing (just for those of you who hadn't read the book yet).

Some other impromptu faves...

-Rub-dub-dub routine.

-Believe (as I perform it- I actually developed the effect around a year before it's release [independent creation and all that] and so perform it a little differently)

-UVT. PM for details.

-Catalyst. When UVT is out of the question. PM for details.

-A memorised deck effect taught to me by my good bud Kris Rubens.

-Shudder...

-Touched up. My variation on Daryl's beeyootiful efefct 'Untouched'.

-Tracker. My quick key card effect.

-Spoon bending... Visually mental!

-Cinders... Hollaa!

-Angle Zero...

-In a visible deck. My impromptu Invisible Deck style effect. This leads in to my Inversion routine.

-Stigmata!

ASnd others, but this list is already quite exhaustive!

CL

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results