Hi, what do you think about that?

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Well you PM'd me and I replied but here's my response here too :)

Hmm, I like the idea of finding the aces. Like a 3 card monte game. So nice thinking

A few things I would mention though:

- Work on getting your breaks:
At the moment you're fiddling around at the back to get your breaks and it's very open and obvious as to what you're doing. A tip I find useful is always pull down - never up. If you pull up to get your break, they will see it. They can't see pulling down.

- Being light: The cards are not going to run away buddy, loosen up your grip on the cards especially when doing doubles etc. The more light your grip (whilst remaining solid) the more open and fair it will seem without drawing attention to it.

- Smoothness: Really try and get your effect down so you're performing the sleights in a fluid motion, each one flowing from one to the next. It'll make the effect seem much nicer and more pleasing to watch.

- Clarity: For me, because there was no patter, I found the effect at first to bequite confusing. Using patter (even text on screen) can definitely help explain what you're doing. Rather than it seeming you're doing it becase you can.

Am I making sense?

- Sean

Apr 28, 2008
I agree with what Sean_Raf said.

Your double lifts need A LOT of work, they are very sloppy and very unnatural.

Your deck looks really messed up, probably because your holding the deck so tightly.

I hardly even noticed what actually happened the first time because it took you so long to do everything and because of the positioning of the cards.
It might be better if you put the 2 red aces on one side of the table and the 2 black aces on the other side, this would make the transposition clearer.

I would recommend practicing a lot more before posting a video next time.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Heh, keep practicing.

I would suggest learning some new double lifts, that look natural.

I agree with everything posted already of course.

j

oh, and I didn't appreciate that you gave me the finger at 1:03....

Sep 1, 2007
Your double lift get ready is flawless. Where can I learn to do such good double lifts like you!!! Everything else could you a little work, but your double lifts are just amazingly PERFECT!

Quit being a useless prick.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Your double lift get ready is flawless. Where can I learn to do such good double lifts like you!!! Everything else could you a little work, but your double lifts are just amazingly PERFECT!

WOW, YOU'RE REALLY FUNNY! :rolleyes:

Here's an idea how about helping him so his sleights are good!? But then... I guess, you wouldn't want anyone getting as good as you eh? Your double lift better be damn impossible to detect before you dare mock someone else.

- Sean

D

Deleted member 2755

Let's avoid being jerks here guys. C'mon. ;)

As the others said... work on your doubles. This is what I want you to do. Watch you video. Ask yourself these questions?

1. Does that look natural?
2. Does that look smooth?

If it doesn't to you, then it most certainly won't to us. Work on it. Don't be impatient and good things will come. :)

-Doug

Sep 1, 2007
Since everyone suggests you work on your doubles here are some references:

1. Diving Board Double by Lee Asher
2. Double workshop by Aaron Fisher (here in the 1on1 section)
3. Strike double by Doctor Jacob Daley.

As mentioned, patter would help because I was utterly confused.

The recommendation of being more loose with the cards is a good one. Try this, grab the deck as if it were a small dove. Hold it enough that it won't fly away, but not hard enough that you will kill it. Be loose, if you are, there is actually less chance of your doubles splitting (I assume that is why you were so careful).

Keep working on it man, I would like to see a new video of the same effect with some patter and better handling. Also, feel free to ask any questions you like.

Here to help,

Juan

Aug 7, 2008
The main problem I had with it besides the general jerkiness of the sleights was that the effect was confusing. It's hard to keep track of the suits if you don't mention them specifically (don't be afraid to talk). Try using 4 different cards, rather than cards of the same value with different suits. Also, mabye stop after the first "switch" when you take the card out of the middle and lay it down next to the top card, much faster, much more powerful.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results