theory11 roundtable discussion - Richard Z

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Tonight is Saturday, and as is tradition, it's time for this week's Saturday Night Contest. Tonight marks our sixth theory11 roundtable discussion. Listen to our previous discussions with Wayne Houchin, Tom Isaacson, Dan and Dave, Andrei Jikh, and Daniel Garcia on this page.

Our host tonight is Richard Z. Founder of Decknique, promoter of cardistry, theory11 developer extraordinaire. Richard does it all. We've worked side by side over the past year and a half in creation of theory11 as a destination for both magic and cardistry - and over the past year, I think we've proved that we meant business. We have a long way to go, and we as a community have grown by leaps and bounds. From the battle system, to the feature-full media section, to the many projects we have going on behind the scenes - Richard plays a huge role here at theory11 and in the industry as a whole.

As is the case with all theory11 roundtable discussions, we will be taking questions directly from you guys and answering them in a podcast posted shortly thereafter. All questions must be posted in response to this thread by 10:00pm EST - this is when we will start recording. The podcast will be posted at 11:00pm EST in this forum thread.

All of those whose questions are picked to be in the podcast will receive a 1-on-1 video of your choice. Looking forward to some great questions tonight. We will discuss the past, present, and future of cardistry - as well as just about anything else you guys ask. As always, questions should be relevant, appropriate, respectful, and as on-topic as possible. Go for it...

UPDATE : Podcast has been posted. Listen to it now HERE.

Where do you see cardistry going in the future now with the emergence of some great artists such as Dan and Dave, Daniel Madison, etc?

Were there any card moves that you had an incredibly tough time getting down more than others? If so which ones?

Cardistry, while wonderful, is still rather obscure and unique. How did you discover it and what fascinated you about it?

Mitch

Nov 10, 2007
A few questions for Richard Z:
I was wondering If we will ever be able to have more battles going on than 2 at one time?
What got you started into cardistry?
How did you become a part of theory11?
I have heard about decknique but am not sure what it is, if you would be so kind to tell me what decknique is?
Thank You,
Donald

I have a question that has been puzzling me. I heard that you were a mod at HL/Sh. Now why would you give away your power and create decknique. Not only create a new site but use a different name. What gave the idea to create cardistry. Was it that you didn't like HL or you wanted to help the community? Because not everyone would throw away there rep and and want to be hated.

One more question. Does theory11 pay you?

Jul 29, 2008
What inspired you to get into cardistry?

What do you enjoy most about cardistry?

What do you see in the future of cardistry?

If you can say what have you worked on with Theory 11?

Nov 23, 2007
NC
What direction do you see cardistry heading and what will have the biggest influence on it in the coming years?

Sep 1, 2007
Did you get into cardistry before it went mainstream due to artists like Dan and Dave or was that what inspired you to get into it?

Are you planning any future cardistry productions?

Do you do magic as well as cardistry?

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
Why do you think cardistry is the best term? I mean why cardistry, because it envolves the word card? or what
Why XCM isnt?
What interested you on theory11?

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Question Number 1:

Did you ever expect Decknique to become such a huge success in the online cardistry community?

Question Number 2:

We all know that you're awesome at programming and working with computers- did you take any classes or have any formal training, or were you "self-taught"?

By the way, JB- how many questions do we get? I'm assuming three, so I'm going to think about my last one. Thanks.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results