theory11 roundtable discussion - Richard Z

Sep 15, 2007
alabama
1.which do you believe is better- magic or cardistry?

2.what advice would you give to a magician who is just getting into cardistry?

Last edited by a moderator:
Richard,

This question is in regards to XCM being performed in a restaurant setting. As someone that performs magic and does not have a strong desire in cardistry, and having performed hundreds of times in a variety of different restaurants, my opinion is that cardistry does not have a solid place in a restaurant.

My question to you is this:

What are your thoughts on XCM in a restaurant, and just performing it as the primary form of entertainment at private functions? Is it possible? (where you are getting paid to entertain, and cardistry being the main form of entertainment)

If so, am I wrong in assuming that you would have to entirely re-structure it and involve a story line of somesort to keep the audience entertained and able to follow along?

Thanks! :)
Steve

Apr 28, 2008
Do you perform flourishes for real audiences?, How do spectators react to it, do they see it as a novelty and quickly get bored or are they capable of appreciating a full length flourishing routine?

1.) What inspired you to get in to cardistry? Did you just pick up a deck, and sart messing around, or did you see someone else do it?

2.) Do you do magic? From what I've seen of you, you don't, but I have always wondered.

3.) What was the very first flourish you created? Do you still perfrom it?

D

Deleted member 2755

1. What is it like working with both Decknique and Theory 11 as a developer for both websites?

2. What do you think is the biggest problem with XCM today and how do you think we can solve it?

3. What type of flourishing do you prefer the most? Sometimes you see videos of people going fast as heck, you can't tell what the heck they are doing. It's just hypnotizing and looks insanely skillful. (Brian Tudor is obviously one example of this. Sometimes I just stare at his hands... lol) Other times, you see see people go so slow that while it looks very skillful, it captures the artistic beauty more than the skill. (Take a look at your human movement video. AMAZING! In real life motion, that would look crazy seeing someone doing that. While we see the same thing in that video, it's in slow motion and you think of the artistic talent in that video rather than the insane stunts the guy is doing.)

The 2nd question is typical, but it hasn't been asked yet and I like it to be brought up with almost every t11 roundtable. :) (Of course, XCM would be magic in everyone elses case. (excluding Andrei...)

-Doug

EDIT: Copperfield 14, this is true. I actually knew this and wasn't thinking about that. It's just that Andrei is known for his flourishing online rather than his magic. When I think of Andrei, magic doesn't exactly come to mind to me. His insane XCM skills do. ;)

Sep 1, 2007
This is a bit of a two-parter, but I really think it should be addressed.

What would you say to someone who think that cardisrty is pointless? I love floursihing so much, I really have a passion for it. But it kind of puts me down when I see people saying that there's no reason to do it. I spend all this time and effort to be able to do this insane moves, all the while a lot of people just see it as some stupid novelty act. Even laymen think its stupid to devote so much time to something in their opinion is pointless. What could we do that could make flourishing more respected?

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
hmm...

1) What is your favorite place to practice cardistry?

2) Is there a way to "perform" cardistry (to an audience..etc.)

3) If you had to only do one cardistry move for the rest of your life which move would it be? (Flourish..etc. is what I mean by "move")

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
Do you have any plans of releasing any more performance videos or tutorials, or maybe a dvd in the near future?

How did you get hooked up with theory11?

Feb 2, 2008
if you can create any effect with no limitations what would it be?

have you ever tried to impress girls with magic/flourishes? :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results