Homer Liwag's DVD Set

Feb 27, 2008
France
HI,
I'm curetnly looking on buying coinone and cointwo but i have a few question about them...

>I know that cointwo and coinone need a gimmick and that it's not included in the set so where can i found it?

>Is those routines practical?

>Is Homer a great teacher?

Thanks for answering....

;)

Cheers

Dec 19, 2007
Italy ,Milano
1 The gimmick can easly find in any magic shop. It is very common coin gimmick
2 I have only coin one. Some move are not very easy but if you have pratice you have a miracle in your hand
3 in coin one the teaching was amazing also thanks to the graphic

Sep 15, 2007
Both are great

I have both videos and enjoy them both greatly.

The same gimmick is needed for both though he also teaches versions without the need of a gimmick. The gimmick is very versitile and quite easily found in any magic shop.
They are intermediate in skill level.

The teaching portion of both is excellent and unlike anything else currently out.
Homer is a great teacher.
On coinone he does not talk.
On cointwo he gives invaluable advice in adition to teaching the routines in a thourough manner.

Extroydinary is what cointwo is based on and was invented by Troy Hooser. Homer has taken that routine and added some nice subtle touches and his own take on it. He states it is a work in progress.
You can find Extroydinary in several places.

If you have Chris Kenner's Book Coinone/ The Deep is in that book. It is the version without the gimmick. Coinone is also known as Four Coins and Filipino and was published in the Magicman Examiner and is also included on on the DVD as a PDF file.

If you need more information please PM me.
Snorri

May 24, 2008
Coin two is a lot easier than coin one, but the teaching is unbelievable. Both of them have gimmickless versions that require no gimmicks. So if you have the gimmick, use them, but for a more practical street version would be the gimmickless versions.

Sep 15, 2007
Probably the Folio version if it is cointwo.
What is the Callsic version?? Do you mean Classic?
Snorri

I just checked Homer's website. There is only the folio version limited edition to 1000 and the limited edition Coinone ....you can get both at a 15% discount at $54.95+S&H....there at Homer's website.
Snorri

Last edited by a moderator:
May 24, 2008
[Original];137253 said:
Thank for reeponding i'm probably gonna get those.

Cheers

Ps:Yes i mean classic.

Its a good decision. CoinTwo is easier, but has this excellent section on coin handling and finesse worth the cost of the entire DVD.

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
CoinOne is the only coins across routine that I perform. Honestly, it's not too hard but it will definitely take alot of time to get it down. CoinTwo really isn't an interesting routine at all (even Homer said so in the intro card), but he said that his motive for releasing it is to let magicians take that routine and help it evolve into an even better routine. There's a thread on the cafe in the Guest of Honor section (Homer's the guest of honor if you didn't know) where he talks about how to turn CoinTwo into a much better routine and he gives presentational tips in that thread that he didn't mention in the DVD.

Feb 27, 2008
France
I've just received them A couple of days ago and what can i say is: "wow" coinoneandtwo is the coin's trilogy.

Very happy with those thank to everyone.

Cheers

Ps:Just about the shells do you think that i have to buy barber halves or regular kennedy halves from jamie's site? >
http://www.coingaff.com/

Sep 15, 2007
Shells

The style of coin you buy is dependent on the coins you like.
I use Morgan's for most of my coin work but I also use regular halves (Kennedy) and Walking Liberty.

A word of caution on the schoolcraft shells....if you order just a shell you will have a harder time getting them to fit coins than if you order a set which consists of four coins and a shell. I was surprised when I got my shell and it didn't fit my regular coins so I had to adjust it carefully and it works great now.

I did not have this problem with Lassen or my Johnson coin shells.
Snorri

Feb 27, 2008
France
Thanks for the advice but in any ways i will buy an expanded shell set so no problem with the size...
Just aquestion do somebody know if the kennedy and the barber halves are same sized?

May 24, 2008
They are slightly different sizes, not noticeable, but will make a slight difference with use of gaffs. Go with Johnson, they are cheap and work well. There is no need to spend $100 on a shell with no guarantee of it fitting well.

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
I don't think this question needs a new thread. So anyway, I heard that CoinOne is a bit "noisy" is that something that will dissapear after a while as you improve your technique?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results