Cold? What I am going to do?

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Hey guys! Im here again with another of my useless threads, well onto the topic...

Cold? I play guitar and other instruments and altought I love the winter climate, I usually have a lot of trouble with my fingers....

My fingers hurt,I dont feel them, I can't move them!

Now is going to be my first winter practicing magic(and flourishes) and I dont want to stop performing! but as the same it occurs with my guitar( I cant play it well) I am afraid its going to happen the same with my magic performances.

Tips anyone?It is recommended to use gloves while performing?(I havent tried, but using gloves with a guitar is useless Im afraid is going to happen the same with cards)
:(

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
It will be hard to manipulate cards with gloves, good luck lol.

Honestly, just keep warm, perform indoors maybe, not when it's too cold, or else just shorten outdoor performances to one or two tricks if possible. Keep your hands warm though, and take care of them.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
frezzing aces is right: try the finger exercises along with Dan and Dave's Everythingelse dvd. They can come in quite handy.

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Well, well, well... Cold hands happen to be my specialty.

Now I know you guys are like "You live in Vegas, you don't know cold." and I am fully aware of this situation.

I do however have Lupus (you can google it later), which is something that makes my hands and feet go cold, turn purple/black and blue and completely numb as one of the symptoms, even in 117 degree heat. Which makes it hard to handle cards and perform anything involving the hands.

When winter hits, I make sure that I start the day off with my blood flowing.. Do something to get your heart rate up first thing... I am a dance teacher so I will sometimes do the first part of each class at home which involves stretching or "warmups".

After that I'm pretty good for a few hours. I stay inside a lot and I usually wear gloves (in winter months) until I absolutely need to take them off to do something. If I am outside, I will have hand warmers... which are cheap and can be purchased at the local walmart. Double up on the socks and I usually wear a hat ( as seen in my NYC myspace pics). You can drink some good green tea (hot of course) and make sure you always have a hoodie with you.. You never know the power of an extra hoodie until you keep one with you at all times.

Hoodies are the only extra thing I'm allowed to keep in my car. Well.. Hoodies and Dance Shoes... I digress.

I can also tell you some other tricks to help with the situation, if you want to know more you can PM me.

Katie

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Self-Working tricks?

The simple solutions are usually not worth thinking about though.

Hand warmers [mentioned above] (like hot hands(i think that's the brand...)) are cheap and effective.

Nov 30, 2007
Stop doing magic if your hands are cold!
No just kidding, that is definitely not what you should do. I sometimes use lotion in the winter because my hands get dry. Also, wair gloves whenever you are outside.

P.S. Lupus is always brought up in House M.D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results