Pop-eyed Popper

Apr 26, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
Hey guys..

It was my 18th just under 2 weeks ago (huzzah! :D) and my sister got me a bunch of magic stuff for my birthday.. One thing she got me was a Pop-eyed Popper deck, however I have no idea of any applications for it.

I've read that it's a forcing deck, but that's all I know about it and by the feel of it, I'm pretty sure it's rough-smooth as well.

It came with no instructions or applications and I can't really find anything (not even YouTube :eek:).. There's PLENTY of people selling it, but no one explaining it.

So. How do I use it??

I also got a Svengali deck but I don't know how that works either.. :S
Any help would be great!

Thanks,
james

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
It can be used for a triumph styled effect.

I've never used one (I hate fully gaffed deck work, generally*) But I've watched a demo in which the POP was used for a triumph.

CL

*Apart from the invisible deck**.

**And my Child lock deck.

Sep 28, 2007
the pop eyed popper is a svengali that you can do a two handed spread with. It is rough and smooth, and also every other card in the deck is short and they are all the same card. So you can do a riffle force any where in the deck and have them stop you on the force card. you can then do a sleight-free ambitious card then you can change the whole deck to the parsons selection by riffling the deck the other direction. The svengali deck is the trick that got me into magic. both decks have pros and cons. But personally i like the svengali better. The rough smooth aspect of the popper deck pushes me away from wanting to use it. Hope that some of this is helpful. Good luck. and if you keep playing with both decks you will find amazing effects to do with them.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results