Picking up girls through cards or magic... share your stories!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2008
Israel
Since I've been into card tricking I've used it for a start-up line for girls - the simplest reason to start a conversation with them, just by saying "Hey, can I show you something?"
How about you, who has any nice stories, or something they did with magic to get to know some girl?
If not, I really recommend using it to start up a conversation, with anyone really.

I haven't got much of a story, but I'll start off:
I was at some place with my parents to sign something, and they asked me to show them some of my new tricks, so I did so, meanwhile this lady from across the room was watching me non-stop from her desk. A couple of days later she calls me saying there is a problem with what we signed and so I tell her how I noticed how she was gazing at what I was doing the other day, so tomorrow when I go back there to sign the things again, I'll do her some tricks, maybe an ambitious routine with a card with a phone number instead of a signature or something.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Sure, magic is a way to approach people. I'm gonna do a bit of mindreading though, and predict that people will subsequently say, or at least think or agree with this, that magic by itself won't get you girls. There've been topics about this, but it's not about the magic, it's about you. If you're not interesting as a person, magic won't fill that gap. All magic can do is provide you with an excuse or a push to start talking to someone. After that, it's gotta be you - and even just in performance, it'll always be you as the performer, if anything, that will attract people; the magic may be memorable, but it won't be a pick-up factor.

On the subject of stories though, I posted a topic a while ago about me and Sleight_of_hand performing for a big group of girls, have a look around for that if you're interested :)

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Sure, magic is a way to approach people. I'm gonna do a bit of mindreading though, and predict that people will subsequently say, or at least think or agree with this, that magic by itself won't get you girls. There've been topics about this, but it's not about the magic, it's about you. If you're not interesting as a person, magic won't fill that gap. All magic can do is provide you with an excuse or a push to start talking to someone. After that, it's gotta be you - and even just in performance, it'll always be you as the performer, if anything, that will attract people; the magic may be memorable, but it won't be a pick-up factor.

Quoted for truth

It's true that a lot of hot girls like magic, but there's no way that a hot girl would go out with you for that reason only.

Sep 20, 2008
Israel
I didn't say that the magic is what one would use to attract someone. I merley am taking it as a tool to break the ice. Obviously the real thing is about how charming I am or am not. (;

yeahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

well for girls i use...sponge balls,and i finish with hershey trick.they love it
i find it a good reason when they sing the card to add for number :)
i got my last girlfriend like that..

Yea i get what your saying and totally agree as far as its a great way to get them interested in you and "break the ice" but its definately not going to make them want to give you their number lol.
The last girl i dated and the current one im dating i both met performing magic and it definately got them both involved but after i did only 2 tricks, i just hung out and talked to them before taking anything further.
But anyway, yea for the girl im dating now i saw her was totally interested when i saw her so i performed a card changing color trick where she picks a card, gets lost in the deck, i say that for it to work she has to give me a kiss, and that card changes into a red card. Or.... i do it from Red to Blue, but i tell her to hit me on the arm and im feeling blue... then it changes...etc.
But it really doesnt matter, their not going to like you for your tricks, there going to like you for.... well... you.

Oct 28, 2007
it's works to meet people usually you can get a kiss on the cheek and stuff but nothing long term. good thing i am devishly handsome! :p

Now, often times people say that using magic/ sleights is a bad way to pick up girls. Now, I agree and disagree at the same time. Let me say something here.

I agree that you should not be producing boxes of chocolates out of a candle or making her card say wanna go out, on it. However, like you said, magic provides us with a great ice breaker that not many people have. Even in a friendly situation you can break the ice with a simple trick.

May 18, 2008
Uh... I shan't share the story but I actually used a trick of Jay Sankey's Firestarters which is what my current girlfriend (Over a year now) said is what originally sparked the whole thing.

She still has the card and bent coin from that performance; needless to say magic leaves an impact on people.

D

Deleted member 2755

Be careful with threads like these guys. I personally find these threads pointless. If your gonna talk about this, I think it should be through private conversation. What do you think a female is going to think when reading this thread? "Note to self: Don't talk to guy magicians because chances are they are just trying to hook up with me." Then again, it also shows the reality so maybe threads like these will help females stay away... C'mon guys, let's be a bit mature. However, I won't lie.... magic can be used. lol. However, once you get passed the magic, if magic is all you have to offer as a person. Good luck being with whoever you are with for more than 2 weeks.

-Doug

Jan 19, 2008
I did stigmata....the one thing i would suspect to scare girls away, i instantly become the coolest guy in school and get a girlfriend. WOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results