Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Long and Big

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Small

Votes: 12 40.0%

• Total voters
Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
I wanna know too, I have long hands but so skinny that I flash a card if I palm it :(

One solution can be eating corn flakes everyday :p

Dec 24, 2007
i guess this is one of the only cases where my bigass hands are usefull, lol jones change, snap change, tenkai, and palming become really easy, but who wants bigass hands? lol cards wear out so much faster

Mar 19, 2008
My place!
yeah my hands are long but the cards stick out the side in classic palm...particullary pinky. im working on a palming meathod simmilar to the clasic, tenkai, and cop. kinda a mix of all

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Size helps palming, but is not the key. It's just one of those things you'll probably have to live with (although depending on age it may improve a little). There was a really good post on this a short while ago made by TeeDee from memory... Paraphrased: Timing and misdirection are more important for palms. Huge hands will not conceal a palm if people stare at your hand. It doesn't matter terribly if the hand doesn't cover the entire card, although it just means you have to be better with the palm - with the card in palm, turn your hand slightly outwards (right if you palm with your right or vice versa) so that the uncovered edge is hidden by the angle of your hand. It is important to get over the notion that a palm must cover the entire card; a palmed card does not have to be entirely hidden underneath the hand to be effective or deceptive.

Dec 8, 2007
My hands are 15 cm from my wrist to my middle finger. (Lee Asher size)

I am thirteen. But I can palm. Only one card though. Just put it further down in your hand.

Apr 28, 2008
I guess my hands are reasonably long, I have fairly thin fingers but I when I have a card palmed it's competely invisible.

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
Who cares about size? I can get away with a Gambler's Cop most of the time and the card sticks out about half way from the back. Go figure.

May 8, 2008
England
Size helps palming, but is not the key. It's just one of those things you'll probably have to live with (although depending on age it may improve a little). There was a really good post on this a short while ago made by TeeDee from memory... Paraphrased: Timing and misdirection are more important for palms. Huge hands will not conceal a palm if people stare at your hand. It doesn't matter terribly if the hand doesn't cover the entire card, although it just means you have to be better with the palm - with the card in palm, turn your hand slightly outwards (right if you palm with your right or vice versa) so that the uncovered edge is hidden by the angle of your hand. It is important to get over the notion that a palm must cover the entire card; a palmed card does not have to be entirely hidden underneath the hand to be effective or deceptive.

You made my point for me. Lets be honest a classic palm doesn't exactly look naturally anyway.

Who cares about size? I can get away with a Gambler's Cop most of the time and the card sticks out about half way from the back. Go figure.

Yay, Gambler's cop :D
Amd also yeah good point again.

-S

Aug 7, 2008
I have small hands for my age, but they are still big enough to palm a card. I would say misdirection combined with just leaving the hand at your side should work nicley. I have a decent sized window between my ring finger and pinky and no one has noticed.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I have decently big palms and shorter fingers. Makes palming (especially backpalming) easy for me. Practice + misdirection...its not too hard, I usually have a joke or comment put in the trick just long enough to top-palm (or bottom palm...or sidesteal to a palm...) Yeah, one of the few sleights I utilize often.

and the gamblers cop is such a great move...the first time I saw the grip exposed I was like 'no way that'll work' ...went to a mirror and just stood there laughing at the simplicity and amount of cover you actually get.

-Rik

Sep 15, 2008
Max Malini

Are you all forgetting that Max Malini had very small hands and flashed everytime he palmed. If you have this problem do what max did. He knew he was not a good palmer so he doubled his distractions or worked on them better and he was never caught. He was an expert on distraction and could have the whole pack palmed sticking out the sides and noone would ever see it. Keep the spectators mind busy and he will never notice.

Sep 15, 2008
Size of hands has nothing to do with magic. If you are a good magician you should never worry about hand size. The time you are worrying about hand size can be put to use worrying about how to make the spectator look the other way. Good Luck and stop worrying about your hands. DISTRACT

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results