School thing

Sep 16, 2007
Raalte
youtube.com
Hey guys,

Yesterday i had English Class, and because of this i have to do a kinda story-telling about my self. Yes, in English.
I have to do this in front of the class though, but since one of my hobby's is magic ofcourse i started thinking of performing a trick in front of the Class.

Any idea's for good visual magic. I am in a group of like 30 people so it has to be a visual and stunning effect. I was thinking about Distortion, but my gimmick recently died. Anyone can help me?

If this isn't clear, you can also write me a PM.
-- I'm sorry for my bad english.

Mathys

Sep 2, 2007
A Book Test.
Manipulation Act as you Tell you story.
Find a common object in your story, etablish it's importance and then make it disapear and reapear and disapear...ect. Like a coin.

-Jacob

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I would second the book test. It would be a hard hitting effect for English class.
But then again...if you have an arsenal of favorite tricks....choose what you will enjoy performing the most. Choose something that you've done a million times and know you can really "sell" the effect and build it up.

Aug 30, 2008
Florida
Dude I do magic at shcool too, your best bet is an amitious card routine followed by a trick (Bullet, TNR, Fraud, Ect...), something that will seal their belief in magic, Hell DO BELIEVE. You won't have to worry about anyone catching your sleights because you'll probably be at the front of the class and your peers, who will be in their seets, have never heard of a double lift.

I was in this same situation literally two days ago. Keep in mind that when you do this show you are loose and have fun, I learned that that's what they pay most attention to. This is the reason i started magic, kids my age (highschool) don't have a clue about magic.

If you focus on entertaining the class as your first priority (like joking with your assistant or other witty remarks) it will be a performance of a lifetime. DON"T GET ON A SET TRACK of tricks, entertain your class don't just go through the motions, Ambitious Card will help with that. With ACR your class will want to see it again and they will never figure it out. I through tricks like "triumph" and the "biddle trick" in with my routine and people went nuts.

I personally would do something like Believe or Angle Zero for my Finally. BEST OF LUCK KID, TELL ME HOW IT GOES!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results