TnR or Believe?

Nov 23, 2007
NC
The answer depends on many factors. Your experience, routine etc. We dont know anything about you so its hard to make a recommendation.

It might be helpful to read the reviews of each trick in the review section a go from there. Ask yourself which fits what you do best.

May 24, 2008
they are both extremely different effects. I would go with believe since its completely impromptu and you don't have to carry a gimmick.

May 4, 2008
NYC
believe is completely impromptu + visual (when you change the corner right in front of the spectators' faces) + your angles are about 98% safe and tnr requires a gimmick and some angle awareness but the ending is killer.
Joel Paschall teaches u in depth about the psychology of the effect and the sleights of hand. He teaches you how to clean up so that you are 100% clean. Plus, he teaches another method of believe he likes to do which requires a bit more sleight of hand.
chris K. shows you how to make the gimmick of TnR which is quite creative and out of the box (credits to Mathieu Bich). He teaches you a routine you could do with the gimmick. Plus, he tells you different ways of performing it (i.e. as just a color change, or just a torn and restored card: the color change is optional.)
Think about which one you would rather do.
I personally liked Believe more due to its impromptu-ness. it is a simple trick, but packs quite a punch, and it requires some skills in sleight of hand.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I'd go with Believe. In my opinion TnR is much too angly, and the gimmick is pretty hard to make. Believe is fairly easy to do, and pretty visual for an impromptu effect.

David

Sep 1, 2007
Believe and TNR are both great effects. It just depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If you are looking for something impromptu then Believe is the way to go. If you don't mind a gimmick and are good at controling your spectators (angle issues as stated in above posts) then TNR may be a good fit. Both require practice, both are extremely visual.

Sep 1, 2007
Philippines
I recommend Believe. As this is your first purchase, you might be disappointed with TnR as it is not as clean as Believe. Believe is completely impromptu.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results