Be Ultra Careful

On the bus today, I noticed a very suspicious looking guy... he was looking at everyone's arses so I kept my eye on him the entire bus ride. When I got up at my stop, I saw him stretch his arms out once, then he did it again, and as I walked out of the bus he reached into my back pocket and tried to remove my wallet, I said "what the ****" and got off the bus.

Be careful everyone, don't keep your wallet in your back pocket, pickpocketing isn't only for magicians, they're still out there.

Mitchell

Sep 2, 2007
On the bus today, I noticed a very suspicious looking guy... he was looking at everyone's arses so I kept my eye on him the entire bus ride. When I got up at my stop, I saw him stretch his arms out once, then he did it again, and as I walked out of the bus he reached into my back pocket and tried to remove my wallet, I said "what the ****" and got off the bus.

Be careful everyone, don't keep your wallet in your back pocket, pickpocketing isn't only for magicians, they're still out there.

Mitchell

That good advice. I'll keep that in mind, but I usually keep my wallet in my front pocket, along with my a deck of cards.:)

I guess that guy needed to work on his sleight of hand.:D

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
I'm from a little town in Canada, so when we went to New York on times square I was freakin out. There'd be t-shirts saying got mugged? So I always had my hands in my pockets... paranoid? im not sure

Sep 11, 2007
i had the same thing happen to me i was walking along to a hot dog vender and when i finished paying some guy tried to grab my wallet so i threw my hot dog at him.

Sep 1, 2007
How so? I find it is quite related to magic. Pickpocketing is a form of magic when I look at it.

Mitchell

Ok, I guess I overexaggerated a little. I was just wondering why you made a thread warning us not to keep our wallet in our back pocket. No worries though, I guess it is a good warning depending on where you live.

Maybe you should bring up how pickpocketing is incorporated into magic and then the thread will be more on topic. Just a thought....

Sep 2, 2007
Maybe you should bring up how pickpocketing is incorporated into magic and then the thread will be more on topic. Just a thought....

David Blaine doesn't "pickpocket," steal, from his audience, but I've seen him take his spectator's watch, while he's performing a card trick, which serves as a misdirection. At the end of the performance, he gives back the watch, leaving the spectator astonished.

"Pickpocketing" can be magic, but only if the items taken are returned, allowing the spectator to realize what happened and also enjoy it.

Cheers,
JTM

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
Because violence doesn't solve anything.

Ok but it would've felt good.

We do need an off-topic forum, but the problem is, then it wouldn't be about magic, which is what this place is all about.

I've always wanted to learn how to pickpocket, because I would love to adapt something to a walkaround situation.

Ty

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results