David Blaine explains what went wrong.

May 6, 2008
See even David is understanding it was not what it was supposed to be. But why do an outside stunt in Central Park that wind could ruin? How did he know that wind would not have come 20 minutes earlier even if the President had not delayed the Show? Perhaps he is in on it with those weather contrlolling Chinese scientist they used for the Olympics. (Which is based in truth, The weather control part, not the DB is in on the weather bit.)
P.S. Why would we stop talking about it?

Nov 23, 2007
NC
So now we are blaming the president for the debacle? Hmmm.

I'm wondering what the backup plan was and why they didnt use it. To be sure if it rained or was to windy the would have had a backup plan. I cant picture them saying "we cant do to Dive of Death because its sprinckling or there is a breeze out tonight."

I can see why many people had different expectations because of the name itself. Even if it went perfect they would have said "I was thinking Dive of Death would have been something else."

I loved the special and yes there was one issue at the end. Not a big deal. It doesnt ruin the entire show or take away from everything else. I still have much respect for Blaine.

Aug 23, 2008
I thought it was cool how DB was toward the guy. He was really down to earth and not snobby about it, which i thought was awesome on DB's part. Class act right there.

i agree. he was really gracious about admitting that things went wrong, rather than trying to cover it up with some lame excuse.

i especially liked the fact that he insisted on jumping, even though he was advised against it, because so many people turned out to see him and he didn't want to disappoint; the mark of a true performer.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results