Voting has opened for color change battle!

Jun 22, 2008
earth
BORING!!!!

this is the reason why the battle system is losing viewers! I will not vote for either of you and I would like to ask everyone to insist that this type of battle goes away. Don't vote on silly battles like this (I really don't mean to personally offend either of you) and hopefully people will stop making such battle cause no one will vote for them. I'm guilty for participating in an ego change battle, it was my first battle (I lost) and I will never do another camera performance battle.

are we magicians agoraphobic?

do LIVE battles!

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
As I've explained in other threads, it's not always possible to film live battles. I for one would find it impossible to do so; not to say that I don't perform for people live, I do, as the magicians who know me will attest to. Nonetheless, my only camera is a stationary webcam, and my room is designed such that I can't possibly get a decent angle from my webcam if I did get spectators in here.

That said, I completely agree that Colour Change battles are really honestly pointless, as are a lot of battles... So you can Ego perfectly to camera. Gratz, here's a medal.

Incidentally, both changes could do with work in different areas. Cringe, the change took far too long to set up, and half of it was off camera... Also, the problem with doing Shapeshifter as a back change is that, because the pips don't change, the visual discrepancy during is quite obvious.

Nikolas, the angle of the shot as well as the speed of the change made it not very magical for me. I struggled to see much and before I knew it the card had changed after some jerky hand wave thingo, so slow it down a little..

Jun 22, 2008
earth
praetoritevong, I sorta over looked the fixed camera/web camera thing, but still, color change battles are detrimental to the battle system. So lets assume that most people have fixed cameras, they should do something that is not so common/basic. That's my main issue with the battles, it's turning into "I just learned my first sleight, now I'm gonna battle someone...". It's not totally true and perhaps a slight exaggeration but I'm sure you can understand where I'm coming from.

Nov 11, 2007
Memphis, Tennessee
I agree and I disagree.

Color change battles, like this one, are very boring, poorly executed, and need a lot of polishing. It is possible to make color changing battles (with music if desired) interesting or at least pleasing to watch. By that, I mean that you can appreciate the finesse of the sleight, the production of the video, or anything and everything else that comes to mind. Though, I will agree with you that most of these battles are in fact boring to watch.

With all that being said, is there anyone interested in a live performance battle? Can be on stage with an audience, or just for a small group. Just lemme know!

SG

Jul 16, 2008
austin, tx
This is silly...

If you don't like color change battles, or any other kind, don't watch them. If you have a constructive criticism, please give it.

They don't need your paternalistic assessment of what kind of battle they chose. They need you to either vote for one of them, or give some good pointers. The entire battle system isn't destroyed because there are a billion color change battles...

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
...And I did that. Did you?

Whilst I agree in principle, you're criticising us for the same thing you failed to do.

And yeah I do agree winterline. Velcrowe is right though, some more constructive criticism would be good...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results