The OH-ficial color change thread

Aug 31, 2007
California
What is a good resource with which to learn quite a few different color changes? In other words, I don;t want to chase down 50 different books or vids to learn changes, and I am wondering what people feel is the best collection of changes in one source.

yeah, jay noblezada's dvd is pretty good.

Aug 31, 2007
California
oh. if i haven't stated before, another one of my favorite changes is the snap change. i do it with my left hand, and i have my own variation. i like to cover up the front of my left hand so the spectator only sees the right side of the card. i think it looks cooler. plus you can cover up a lot of the dirty part.

Sep 4, 2007
color changes

wow, as stated this is a very extensive list of color changes. I am also very excited to see that a lot of you have noted my "in your face change" and "orbit change" as some of your favorites. It has been a pleasure sharing these effects with you. My thanks go to you.

To continue with the list i would like to concure with everyone about the Erdnase color change. It really is a true classic of magic that should never go overlooked.
Also Shapeshifter is a great change that gets great reactions. Both are Very Clean.

Bizzaro

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Vegas
www.smappdooda.com
Just a quick note. The flutter change video is NOT Kurtz's change. That needs to be fixed.

Also don't forget the old stand by of the snap change and the throw change. (Don't remember who originated it. Malone teaches it on his "on the Loose" dvd's.)

I will admit the in your face change looks great. You do end very dirty and is kinda hard to recover from. I have been working with it for a bit now and I found a few good clean ups that works well for me. (So Bill if yer interested in hearing them, lemme know.)

Aug 31, 2007
California
wow, as stated this is a very extensive list of color changes. I am also very excited to see that a lot of you have noted my "in your face change" and "orbit change" as some of your favorites. It has been a pleasure sharing these effects with you. My thanks go to you.

To continue with the list i would like to concure with everyone about the Erdnase color change. It really is a true classic of magic that should never go overlooked.
Also Shapeshifter is a great change that gets great reactions. Both are Very Clean.

Wow, it's a pleasure to have you comment on this. thanks for your work and your opinion :)

Sep 2, 2007
I'm suprised no one's really mentioned the omnipotent Axis Change, which can be used as a "color change, force, control, et al." :D

Cheers,
JTM

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
my favourites,which i use most often, would be...

-the duck dhange (hiro sakai)
-erdnase/houdini change (erdnase/houdini)
-impulse change (jack carpenter)
-ego change (daniel garcia)
-snap change (cardini)
-top change(?)
-flop change (paul harris)
-twirl change (i'm gonna say marlo as 'in lieu of the thru the fist change', as thats what i learned it as)
-shapeshifter (marc desouza)
-classic change (vernon)

C!

Sep 1, 2007
UK
I believe the video for the classic change on this list is wrong. The video is of the Erdnase change, which somewhere has been incorrectly taught as the classic change. If I'm not wrong, the classic color change is actually an application of the classic palm. Can anyone confirm this?

Nice list. ;)

Huruey

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the video for the classic change on this list is wrong. The video is of the Erdnase change, which somewhere has been incorrectly taught as the classic change. If I'm not wrong, the classic color change is actually an application of the classic palm. Can anyone confirm this?

Nice list. ;)

Huruey
You are correct Huruey.

Actually, whats called Erdnase color change is actually the Two Handed Transformation, First method ( there are 6 two handed methods, and 2 one handed methods .. )

Cheers,

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results