Does anyone know where I can learn this trick?

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
If you are talking about the card back to the sealed case, he uses the same method as Shawn Farquhar. He Stole it from Shawn and does not use it with his permission. Shawn still competes with this and this method is not out on the market. I developed my own method to accomplish this effect, but it is not as slick or clean as Shawn's method.

I believe Ricky Jay played around with this idea a lot too. Perhaps look for some of his material.

j

Sep 15, 2008
That is an awesome trick. I looked over it a couple of times and figured it out. When the girl on the far left takes the bent card the camera goes to her. This is when he does the switch. (His hands are by his side when the camera goes back to him.) There is a joker (I believe on the bottom of the deck and the card on the top. (Covering whole unopened deck.) He shows the joker with the card behind it then puts it into his pocket. The girl on the far right is a stooge as she is the one drawing on the face of the card. (At the beginning he forced that card.) At the end of the trick he focuses most of his attention on the middle girl and girl on far left. This is who he is performing for.

Sep 15, 2008
There HAS to be duplicates. How does he get a full deck of cards in an unopened card case. Two decks have to be used. One to show the spectators and one in the case he previously rigged. If I am wrong please let me know. This is just how I saw. I could be wrong.

There HAS to be duplicates. How does he get a full deck of cards in an unopened card case. Two decks have to be used. One to show the spectators and one in the case he previously rigged. If I am wrong please let me know. This is just how I saw. I could be wrong.

Sorry to put it so bluntly; but you're wrong.

No duplicates need to be used (except of course, for the new deck).

Without getting into exposure, the 'Unopened' card case is not previously rigged with the card, as the card does not need to be forced. This can be done with a signed card, and from what I remember - d+M actually uses a signed card in his - and the spectator can open the new deck themselves.

See 'Boxing M' from d+M's 'III' notes.

JS.

Sep 15, 2008
How does he get the card signed card into the case at the exact right spot? There is no exposure here everyone is familiar with a deck switch and double lift and rigged decks. Thank you for pointing out that I may be wrong. There is probably a million ways you can do the trick with or without stooges with or without duplicates. I was just stating what I thought I saw.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
With the method that I created, it is possible to get the card in the right spot, and it can be signed and from a different color deck.
My performance was that I would give a box to a spectator to hold (and another spectator the key to hold) After their signed card vanishes, I get them to open the box which contains a sealed deck of a different color. When that deck it opened, it contains their signed card, in the right place, with a different color back.
My method is workable, but not as simple as Shawn's. My method needs some serious streamlining before I'll add it back into my show.

but it is very possible to do, and there are multiple ways to do it.

j

May 4, 2008
NYC
d+M actually uses a signed card in his - and the spectator can open the new deck themselves.

See 'Boxing M' from d+M's 'III' notes.

JS.

I was just wondering if the deck is in the cellophane? and is the deck in new deck order? and if it is, is the signed card in the right spot?
I was just wondering what the end results are in Boxing M and how hard or easy it is to do the trick.

I was just wondering if the deck is in the cellophane? and is the deck in new deck order? and if it is, is the signed card in the right spot?
I was just wondering what the end results are in Boxing M and how hard or easy it is to do the trick.

Yes, the Deck is still in the Cellophane, completely sealed. The Signed Card does not need to go in the right spot, it can go anywhere in the deck, even face up in a face down deck. The Deck can be in any order you want it to be.

JS.

Mar 29, 2008
Xntrix - you stated the card doesn't have to be forced - but for Shawn's method - it does - and it does have to go in a decided spot - the only variance to make your above statement true is if you decide to change the effect.

Jtmorris - I can understand why you think the different back would add - but do you not think it takes away - as it changes the spectators question from - how did the deck get back into order and my card is in the right spot - to how did he get my card into the box? I am not sure your change makes it stronger - but I would love to talk methods PM me to avoid...

EXPOSURE - yep - Jbear - any time we talk about something that includes method - this is an open forum that anyone can read...member or not - and THAT is exposure. Don't assume everyone here is a magician.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results