BentTouchSlink

First, please excuse any typos or such here, I have a horrible cold but am trying to write this up anyway... not my smartest idea.

BentTouchSlink

Well, if you are a big DG fan like myself, you were extremely excited to see this release today. About a year and a half ago I saw Danny perform Bent at a convention and was told it was going to be released "soon". Here we are now with it just being released today... Imagine my anticipation. So, without further ado, here's my review of BentTouchSlink.

Filming Quality
As is expected in this HD era, the quality is great... Duh, enough said.

Slink
Slink is an extremely visual rubber band link. Performer takes two rubber bands and holds them at the fingertips, with no cover... They link. The bands are then unlinked equally as visually while still held at the fingertips.

This is, in my opinion, the best band link out there and truly the gem of this DVD (I got the download). I've seen some of the best out there and this truly tops them all.

Usually there is a huge learning curve to rubber band effects, especially linking effects. I still don't fully understand CK's The Missing Link, and it took me forever to get down another link (the name of which has just left me) by Chad Sanborn. I was Slinking (har har) before the end of the teaching segment, it is that easy.

Daniel's teaching ability really shines here as rubber band effects are very difficult to teach. Everything comes through quite clearly and there are even pauses that
recap what was just done.

My biggest issue here lies not in the effect, but in its backstory. DG has stated that when a fellow magician told him he had already published a band effect named Slink that he asked Ellusionist to rename it to CrossLink, which they agreed to do.

Obviously, they didn't.

I suppose a little editing is to much work for them to have ethics.

MY COLD IS ACTING UP, I WILL ADD BENT AND TOUCH LATER. I FEEL THAT THIS EFFECT, HOWEVER, IS THE GEM AND CERTAINLY WORTH THE MONEY.

C

Oct 3, 2007
germany
Slink does look amazing from the previews. Kinda sad that they didn't change the name though... It's not incredibly difficult to do, especially compared to the fact that they would be in a way disrespecting a magician by publishing it with said name... oh well, guess not =/.

Anyhoo, thanks for the review. Easy you say? I guess the simplest effects really can be the most amazing :D.

Jan 28, 2008
Bent Touch Slink

Another great set of tricks by DG just ordered the vid and download. They're simple enough to do anywhere any time.

Thanks Danny Boy you did it again!

Oct 21, 2007
www.hi5.com
Slink certainly looks fabulous. I'm sure Ben Harris won't think it that much of a problem considering the very different natire of the two effects...

CL

Slink is amazing, it's definitely my favorite from the three. Bent is also great, Touch on the other hand... well, it's the type of effect that could have been included in something like the Daniel Garcia Project.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
That doesn't sound like a bad thing, the projects were great!

But I know what you mean, touch is a bit... meh. It's ok, but It just seems like a move that would have been much better in the context of like a tabled coins across or something.

Bent... The handlings lovely, some very nice switch work going on, it's just not what I was expecting.

CL

Dec 5, 2007
Slink is just amazing, really easy to do and fun to performe. Its the most vissual rubber band link out there. Also you get a nice bonus as you get dannys version of crazy mans handcuffs wich is fantastic.

Bent is also great really vissual and clean. I think its the best coin bend out there because you can end clean with your hands empty just the bent coin.

Touch.. Is not any good at all and is something i never will use, i think allot of people will feel the same way about it. Its not even a strong effect and the handeling is not any good either. There are way better coin transpos then this.

Actually Daniel Garcia posted on the magic cafe and said that the advertising over at E was false, and it was NOT 3 classic Daniel Garcia effects on there, There was 2 classic Garcia effects wich was Slink and Bent wich he uses everyday. Brad Christian talked him over to put Touch on there even tough he did not want too. Daniel also said that He has never used it after the day they filmed the dvd. wich was about 2 years ago or something.

Sep 1, 2007
exactly how impromptu is slink? can i just borrow any 2 rubber bands and do this trick or is there some kinda previous setup?

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
Slink is totally impromptu - As with a lot of band magic, the stetchier the bands the better, but you could certainly borrow...

As long as you have double stick tape, needle nose pliers, an extra 3 bands and a bar of soap handy, you're sorted. I'm joking. :p

D.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Slink is nice and visual, im not sure on his exact method but I use one Vinny Marini shared with me and it has the same kind of visualness... I thought Vinny's was great but Slink sure looks fantastic as far as band penetrating band.

Bent looks ok, though from what i've seen it is in no way the best coin bend out their... not even close. Sure you may end clean, but so do you with many others, and this has nothing for the participant to really experience for themselves... no visuals of the bend, and no feelings to feel.

Touch I don't care about at all, looks alright I guess, but nothing that interests me.

Slink does look cool though.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
I think it's obvious that Slink is the main draw for everyone, I was really looking forward to seeing Bent as I'd heard great things, it is a nice simple coin bend routine, I like it, but I doubt I'll be replacing any of the bends I use currently...

Version 2 seems nice for a simple on the fly effect, I always have bent coins on me, so who knows, maybe I will use it...But I doubt it, not when I can use altered or something.

I love the visuals on slink though, really simple and to the point :)

D.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results