Magic Books

TRM

Sep 1, 2007
Hey guys,
I've been wanting to buy a book for a while now and I dont know which book to buy.
Any recommendations?

hyo

Sep 1, 2007
If you are a Beginner I would recommend the Card College Series.

But since you want only "a Book", I would storngly suggest getting "Totally out of Control" by Chris Kenner. It costs about 35$ and contains some really nice routines.

You don't know how good it is to hear someone request a book!

But, if you want any good help, perhaps you could tell us a few things about yourself. This way we can gauge best what sort of book you would like. For instance:

1. How old are you? (This can give us an idea on what sort of level of book you would like)
2. What type of magic intrests you most? (Card/Mentalism/Coin/Stage etc.)
3. What have you already got?
4. Experience level? (Amatuer/Intermediate/Advanced)

From this we can give advice to you on what you would do well from getting.

I seriously reccomend Mark Wilsons Complete Course In Magic. This can be brought pretty much anywhere.

Buy from Amazon.

TRM

Sep 1, 2007
Sorry about that, I didnt mean literally "one book"
Im 16 years old
Im into card magic
I own no books....yet
and I would say that Im in the intermediate level

Sorry about that, I didnt mean literally "one book"
Im 16 years old
Im into card magic
I own no books....yet
and I would say that Im in the intermediate level

Awesome. From this, if you do not already own Card College, by Robert Giobbi, or Mark Wilsons Complete Course In Magic, then you are missing out!

These are probably the obvious suggestions.

Alternatively, take a trip to your local Library, and take a look at the magic books there. They are probably old, but contain valuable material.

:)

Aug 31, 2007
NY L.I.
i just bought some books last week:D and i got card magic of paul lepaul , bobo's coin magic and more card manipulations and the encyclopedia of magic and if you are a beginner then i suggest the encyclopedia of magic they are really good

Card College and Strong Magic. Card College for sleights, Strong Magic for presentation. They are the two most usefu books (or book series) that I own, and I reccomend them to anyone who's a magician.

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
I know this is going to make some people mad. But let me rant.

I have some of the classic magic books, that everyone seems to recommend. The only one I like is Bobo's Modern Coin Magic. Let me explain here, just because the magician who wrote it is dead and the books 50 years old doesn't mean EVERYONE has to buy it. That's just stupid. If you're going to buy a book, please for the sake of magic... don't buy something that's 100 years old.

There. I pretty much said the opposite of what every single other person will say. I know that you'll all disagree with me, but I'm tired of everyone following the same stupid path. Do something different, sure go ahead and respect the past... but please, look towards the future.

i'm collecting marlo books myself, in my opinion he was the best. if you can get your hands on revolutionary card technique, then you're set. i'm trying to get it myself, it's expensive

that's cards though, i forgot if you mentioned genre. anything by banacheck is golden, and bobo's book is also great coin stuff.

i've heard the paper engine is also good, check out aaron's site

cheers

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results