Third Degree Burn... Burn yourself without pain

Apr 27, 2008
Third Degree Burn

Third Degree Burn is a blistered effect from the mind of Jason Palter and some of his good friends. It does involve a gimmick and has so many different ways of being performed and I seriously mean a few dozen ways.

Effect 9/10

No matter what way you perform this, (as long as it is performed well) this trick WILL get amazing reactions. My favorite one is using a force or peek and then using flash paper and people like the flash but love the blisters. A blistered impression is on your fingers left or right and people will see them unless you decide in dark. The only problem is they somewhat exaggerate the length, yes you can still see it but you want a fresh blister that people will notice right away and begin their obscene cursing right away also. Very nice effect.

DVD 10/10

This was the first trick I recieved from Jason Palter and his teaching is as good of a teacher as Morgan Strebler in Liquid Metal. Jason explains the gimmick where it came from, the durability, length of time for blisters, performances, and by far my favorite was his help with using the gimmick. Without the DVD there is no way I would have learned this effect in just a day or two with no fail, thank you Jason. Very simple DVD overall but then again just like magic, simple hits hard.

Gimmick 9/10

Very well crafted and uses special system for distinguishing the card etc. and is taught on the DVD. Very easy to use and can be done within the first few days and sooner depending on the learning curve of the user. The only two problems for me are these, you have to reach into your pocket and with simple misdirection they wont notice much but you have to go in and get the gimmick set up which may take about 8 to 15 seconds, the second is personal opinion but the numbers and symbols are to neat and clean for me. I would have much prefered to maybe seem somewhat more eratic just like fire and other than that very well crafted and will last you a very very long time.

Difficulty 4/10

You could go lower depending on your skill level, I was a beginner when I recieved this but only two major things must be known when performing this effect. One you must memorize the gimmick code which can be learned quick enough, and two misdirection helps and I will say straight up that my misdirection was probably misdirecting them to look at my hands. Other than that easy peezy.

Overall 9/10

Great effect, amazing gimmick, brilliant teaching, and cool booklet. You cannot go wrong with this effect unless you have it already or have branded. Other than that I recommend this effect if someone wants to have blisters, with or without fire but of course the fire really helps. Get it if you really want a neat effect that sits comfortably in your pocket.

Sep 19, 2008
Third Degree Burn

Third Degree Burn is a blistered effect from the mind of Jason Palter and some of his good friends. It does involve a gimmick and has so many different ways of being performed and I seriously mean a few dozen ways.

Effect 9/10

No matter what way you perform this, (as long as it is performed well) this trick WILL get amazing reactions. My favorite one is using a force or peek and then using flash paper and people like the flash but love the blisters. A blistered impression is on your fingers left or right and people will see them unless you decide in dark. The only problem is they somewhat exaggerate the length, yes you can still see it but you want a fresh blister that people will notice right away and begin their obscene cursing right away also. Very nice effect.

DVD 10/10

This was the first trick I recieved from Jason Palter and his teaching is as good of a teacher as Morgan Strebler in Liquid Metal. Jason explains the gimmick where it came from, the durability, length of time for blisters, performances, and by far my favorite was his help with using the gimmick. Without the DVD there is no way I would have learned this effect in just a day or two with no fail, thank you Jason. Very simple DVD overall but then again just like magic, simple hits hard.

Gimmick 9/10

Very well crafted and uses special system for distinguishing the card etc. and is taught on the DVD. Very easy to use and can be done within the first few days and sooner depending on the learning curve of the user. The only two problems for me are these, you have to reach into your pocket and with simple misdirection they wont notice much but you have to go in and get the gimmick set up which may take about 8 to 15 seconds, the second is personal opinion but the numbers and symbols are to neat and clean for me. I would have much prefered to maybe seem somewhat more eratic just like fire and other than that very well crafted and will last you a very very long time.

Difficulty 4/10

You could go lower depending on your skill level, I was a beginner when I recieved this but only two major things must be known when performing this effect. One you must memorize the gimmick code which can be learned quick enough, and two misdirection helps and I will say straight up that my misdirection was probably misdirecting them to look at my hands. Other than that easy peezy.

Overall 9/10

Great effect, amazing gimmick, brilliant teaching, and cool booklet. You cannot go wrong with this effect unless you have it already or have branded. Other than that I recommend this effect if someone wants to have blisters, with or without fire but of course the fire really helps. Get it if you really want a neat effect that sits comfortably in your pocket.

great review but the effect is too pricey for my taste.

_Lucas_

Apr 27, 2008
Yeah it is kinda pricey and I have no idea how Branded works which is like twenty bucks cheaper but again I don't have it. Though it is a cool trick and I love to perform with flash paper or just a lighter since a good portion of people are smoking. Thanks also for the comment.

Sep 19, 2008
Yeah it is kinda pricey and I have no idea how Branded works which is like twenty bucks cheaper but again I don't have it. Though it is a cool trick and I love to perform with flash paper or just a lighter since a good portion of people are smoking. Thanks also for the comment.

Branded looks too fake IMO.

_Lucas_

Apr 27, 2008
I have not seen any reviews or a true performance but I kinda like the way they did the numbers etc. but yeah it is somewhat exaggerated to a point. Have you seen a live performance of it and if so which would you recommend?

Jan 5, 2008
Oklahoma
great review. I have both third degree burn and branded and branded is by far more practical. There's no pocket work for branded. With third degree burn your hand has to be in your pocket for a portion of time which is slightly unnatural. Branded, the gimmick is made to be right in front of your audience. Both effects are good, i prefer branded for walk around.

Zack

In a effect, third degree burn is much more stronger than branded, you dont need to forcce any card and you dont need any deck, its like an invisible deck - very straight forward. And, its very easy to "set" the gimmick. I have done it many times for clueless "laymens".

Mats Kjellstrom

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results