Redline 1-on-1 by Dan Hauss

Oct 11, 2007
i don't have this effect, but its chapstick guys, as long as its the same kind as someone else has, which i would think is pretty common, just sleeve their chapstick and do the effect and switch it out when giving it back, its a small item and sleeving would be soooo easy. that would make it seem like the "true miracle" that you guys are expecting, is biten coin done with a normal coin? no of course not, thats what separates the noobs from people who want to perform magic and take the extra time to make it that much better. its not the tricks you do, any one trick usually does not take a while to learn to get it down, but its going from one effect to another and switching in and out gaffs and gimmicks thats what separates the men from the boys i feel.

Mar 29, 2008
dang that sucks I would have loved to perorm this on the spot type thing. How long is the setup?

extremely quick, 1 minute tops and your set for life(or until you get new chapstick)

It is extremely easy to perform, I have shown several members of my family and some others it and they have really liked it, and not once so far have I been asked to have the chapstick inspected. I always have chapstick on me so this is definately a keeper.

Apr 27, 2008
Alright to summarize everything in case there are anymore questions. No this is not entirely impromptu, in the download it says about creating the gimmick. This is not a TnR gimmick, it is quick and easy about a minute or two and you are set. No it can not be handed out but like it was said before, who needs to inspect chapstick? Lastly, there is a part in the 1 on 1 where it states a way to show every part of the chapstick, so for everybody that loves to prove a point and show everything.

Sep 3, 2007
Not parrots.

Unless of course you want to dress up your parrot and happen to have a little parrot hat. Along with a little pink tutu (it makes em look funny haha). What kind of socks besides striped black and white socks? Makes it look like where's Waldo! And then you have creativity to either a) Strap a pre-recorded voice over to its back. Or b) Let it be.

A futile attempt at comedy. Because.... Well, because. because there is less and less going around.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2755

dang that sucks I would have loved to perorm this on the spot type thing. How long is the setup?

Not long at all. Once you are set up, you are set up until you get rid of the stick.

Bummer you have to have lips to perform this effect. Did anyone notice how petite his hands are he sounds like a lady when he's shuffling the cards. Petite hands feminine shuffle. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPbD0s2gPRc

We take ant eating very serious here... Please don't support it.

-Doug

Sep 24, 2008
Bavaria, Germany
Whats up,

Everyday, everywhere I go i ALWAYS carry chapstick with me. That stupid little pocket on a pair of jeans that no one ever uses for anything... Thats where my chapstick lives. 24/7. It travels from jeans to jeans.

So when i saw that this was a trick utilizing an everyday object that the ENITRE world is familiar with and practically uses.. I was immediately intrigued.

great :D

Redline didn´t caught my eye as much as other things on T11 did....there are other 1on1´s which are way better but anyways I think there will be people having an extremely great time doing this. But it is totally not my style.

cheers

baller08

Banned
Sep 21, 2008
I think the Redline effect is genius. Very simple although it'll take some practice to get the handling smooth. Like any effect, you'll want to perfect it well before showing it because it really looks great when executed properly.

My opinion on the "impromptu" discussion is that it is most definitely impromptu. My definition of impromptu is that you don't have to disappear for a minute to reset.

For example, anyone who knows Witness understands that there is a reset necessary...a fast one no doubt...but to me that isn't "impromptu". Redline you can immediately do it again for another spectator.

Jul 7, 2008
Right after I bought this I thought, "I paid 7 bucks for this?!" and figured the effect wouldn't fool anyone.

Boy was I wrong. Don't underestimate this one people. It packs small, most of you carry it anyway, and it hits HARD.

Cute trick. Reminds me of that ring trick where you throw your ring up in the air and catch it on your finger tip. That might be a good lead in for redline. Do the ring trick, talk about the skill needed to catch the ring on your finger then say wait a minute I think I could do this with my chapstick, pull out your chapstick and go into redline.

Also whoever mentioned using a spectators Chapstick and switching it out is dead on. That make perfect sense. You know what kind of Chapstick you have gimmicked so when you see someone pull out the same kind you have a moment to palm yours and then ask to borrow their for a little demonstration (or whatever you want to call it). Boom bang, confused spectator left holding there own chapstick wondering how you could have done that.

OK I got Redline and it is a pretty good trick. I do have an idea that I think will make it better. I wanted to PM Dan Hauss about it since he mentions PMing him with any questions but I can not find his user name anywhere. Can anyone tell me how I can PM Dan Hauss?
Thanks.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results