Please read...

May 30, 2008
Hi guys

Someone in my family just sad to me if i could do some magic tricks tomorrow in a party, so i sad, ok... but i need a help in here , there will have peaple with 15-20 years and peaple with 30 , 35 , 45, 50 years, so i need help with wich tricks should i do ? i already dessided to do:

Ambitious card
Cardtoon deck

Maybe the invisible deck
The mental photography deck?
Svengali deck?
maybe clutch by oz perlsman?

i wana do a prediction and mentalism trick, wich one would get great impact and good reactions ?

Thank you very much

Bryan

Ps: i think here is the right place to post this thread, no ? or in general discussion ?

--------------------------------

Sorry for my english

Aug 24, 2008
Greece
i also agree with magicShadow . Do not use trick decks e.t.c.
here's some of the effects i would do:
Angle zero :: d+M
Torn :: DG
Control ::W:H
Stigmata:: W:H
Indecent:: W:H
Remains and in the smoke:: d+M
Distortion:: W:H (you can easily get rid of a couple of gimmicked cards )
Re-sandwich:: d+M
Burn through :: d+M
Fastest gun in the world and Hifzcock aces ( cant spell it right) :: Darwin ortiz (his only effects i use )
and many more (like One Eighty :: d+M)

As you can see i love performing Wayne houchin's, Daniel Madison;s and Daniel Garcia's effects ( though i also perform Jay Sankey's stuff)
anyway i hope i gave you an idea if u dont know any of these pm me with the effects you know and i will try to help u out.

George

Feb 26, 2008
Chicago
If you can start with triumph. You can do oil and water. You could do a tnr. A mentalist trick i would recommend would be a spoon or fork bending. Another mentalist trick would be a mind reading one. Do you happen to have a swami?

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
you should have more walk around things, so you don't have a large stage. Perform Indecent to some people, perofrm witness to others, have an ACR ready - and of course have somehting to do with people, sort of a group mentalism effect.

I agree with datskanars, Angle Zero is a great one.

Oct 19, 2007
you should try slink by daniel garcia. In my opinion its kills people when done right. Here's a list of tricks you should try If you have them:

1. Distortion
2. Biddle
3. Angel zero
4. Panic (as a closer of course!)
5. Bad Influence
6. Clift Shift ( or *^&$ off) (*^&$ off is the double cliftshift trick)
7. Slink
8. Maybe Role Play
9. something with Loops
10. AND Flow

Hope this helps these tricks get AMAZING reactions for me and I hope they do the same for you

May 30, 2008
you should try slink by daniel garcia. In my opinion its kills people when done right. Here's a list of tricks you should try If you have them:

1. Distortion
2. Biddle
3. Angel zero
4. Panic (as a closer of course!)
5. Bad Influence
6. Clift Shift ( or *^&$ off) (*^&$ off is the double cliftshift trick)
7. Slink
8. Maybe Role Play
9. something with Loops
10. AND Flow

Hope this helps these tricks get AMAZING reactions for me and I hope they do the same for you

Thanks, hmmm, i'm not good in clipshift so i think would'nt be good, and panic i steel don't have, and distortion hould be great idea ?and i don't remember the Slink trick and Role Play and Bad influence, have any video on youtube ? and i'm getting trouble in indecent , becose the card doesn't stay .... if you know what i mean. ( don't want to exposure .... )

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Many of these tricks are good ideas, but it may be hard to learn them all and get them up to performance level by tomorrow...

Many of these take quite a bit of practice (I'm assuming since I don't own all of them) so they may not be good options for your situation.

I would stick with common tricks like the ones mentioned (ACR, Triumph, Biddle Trick, 2CM) and maybe throw in some crazy man's handcuffs, or card effects like card to forehead or maybe even some basic coin stuff if you are so inclined. Heck you could even just do some basic color changes or palming/tenkai effects.

I guess it would also all depend on how much time you are going to be performing. Is it going to be for everyone all at once, or from small group to small group, several times? If it is like that, you can concentrate on a few effects and really try to get them looking good, and them just perform them multiple times to different groups of spectators.

Hope that helps. :)

Oct 9, 2008
Gardena,CA
yea i agree too dont do any trick deck stuff people usually tend to ask to se the deck i would always recommend acr that is a wonderful routine always good for partys and such ummm angle zero is a really good effect um....also tivo 2.0 and subway are really good tricks to perform just a though peace out and good luck

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
In this circumstance, I wouldn't try and go with many really visual 'WTF' tricks, I'd much rather go with 2 or maybe 3 slower tricks that're completely impossible (hope you know what I mean, stuff like Derren Brown style). There's my opinion.

Sep 1, 2007
Do David Blaine stuff(the old stuff)....If D,Blaine make 1 milion $ from Street Magic.....then...it`s GREAT MATERIAL! The greatest:

Ambitious Card
Here and there
2 card monte( this is the best trick)
hot shot cut
etc...
and if i was you....INVISIBLE DECK!

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
and i don't remember the Slink trick and Role Play and Bad influence, have any video on youtube ? and i'm getting trouble in indecent , becose the card doesn't stay .... if you know what i mean. ( don't want to exposure .... )

Bryan

You want a YouTube video of tricks? o_O

Let me know what mentalism stuff you have. Overall, you should let us know what you have to begin with. You should not be performing anything you only half remember or are having trouble with or just can't do or haven't practiced in a while. Let us know what you can do well and we can tell you what to perform, it's too late to learn stuff for tomorrow unless you're learning self-working tricks.

Sep 8, 2008
I'd deffinatly say Cluth by OZPEARLDICK (just for James ;) )
depends how your performing, if strolling make sure everything re sests instant and your ready to go for your next trick. If one performance to everyone, I personally would do a trick that requires set-up to begin, 2CM, any collectors items, Out of this world... Tricks that are set up are often pretty good ad the first effect is the only chance yous gauranteed to get to work with a stacked or set up deck.
Then just make sure everything else flows, think about what the effects do, maybe have Card to Pokets after ACRs so the theme of cards jumping all over stays. And after the 2 card monte go into something lie kthe asher twist after all you have to of the cards getting the other 2 takes seconds.
Just work logically, I wouldn't say use no gimmicked decks but your list maybe had to many youd need to be swapping decks after every effect which wouldnt look good or flow nicely.
But maybe squeeze on in there as the specs will be acustomed to your usual deck (if you let them check and shuffle etc.) if you can switch it out for and invisi deck for example, its even more impressive as they think its real.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results