Revolving Motion

Sep 22, 2008
Sydney, Australia
hi

i'm kind of new to the cardistry scene and i recently ordered dangerous

i heard that a lot of the tricks use or are variations of the revolution cut so i was just wondering whether the revolution cut is taught on the dvd?

if not where is a good place to learn it?

thanks in advance

Church

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Hey mate, welcome to Cardistry and Theory11!

Yeah, Dangerous: Motion has a few flourishes (Flourishers will call their moves flourishes rather than tricks, incidentally) based on the Revolution Cut. The DVD does not teach the Revolution cut... It's taught on a few DVDs, but I'm sure you don't particularly want to buy a completely new DVD again just for it... Trilogy Disc 3 has it I believe.. Honestly, it's a pretty easy cut though so it might be better to just have a look around and try and follow it.

Good to see another Sydney flourisher :)

Sep 22, 2008
Sydney, Australia
thanks for that

i'm planning to get the trilogy, but being the impatient person that i am i looked up a tutorial on the internet and i've got the basics down, i just need to speed it up, so it might look slightly impressive. So when i get the trilogy i'll probably realise i learnt a wrong version from youtube (dastardly youtube) and have to relearn it, but thats all part of the process i suppose

good to see a fellow sydneysider who actually is interested in cards. (where i live im totally alone (but hey its good to be different))

Church

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Whereabouts in Sydney are you mate? We've got a group of magicians/flourishers who meet up regularly (usually once a fortnight, there's a month gap at the moment due to HSC and Uni exams). PM if you want, I'll give you some details (and we can get that Revolution sorted in person too :p).

Sep 22, 2008
Sydney, Australia
cards eh?

that sounds great but there is the thing in the back of my mind about meeting people over the internet. like you sound like a great guy and all but i am only fifteen, not y12 or uni or nothing. so i can just imagine having the conversation with my parents ('mum and dad i met this guy on the internet and he wants to meet me at his house and play with my cards" "cards eh?")

apart from that i would find that great to get a few tips from someone who isn't in a screen

but if you wanted to know i'm in the shire (thats so general it doesn't matter if anyone else reads it)

oh and good luck with the HSC...or uni exams, whichever one you're dealing with

PM me so we can continue this conversation if you want

Church

Last edited by a moderator:
that sounds great but there is the thing in the back of my mind about meeting people over the internet. like you sound like a great guy and all but i am only fifteen, not y12 or uni or nothing. so i can just imagine having the conversation with my parents ('mum and dad i met this guy on the internet and he wants to meet me at his house and play with my cards" "cards eh?")

apart from that i would find that great to get a few tips from someone who isn't in a screen

but if you wanted to know i'm in the shire (thats so general it doesn't matter if anyone else reads it)

oh and good luck with the HSC...or uni exams, whichever one you're dealing with

PM me so we can continue this conversation if you want

Church
Sorry to double post, but I've met these Sydney guys, they're a good bunch.
If you wanna meet up to learn stuff we can organise something.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results