First Lecture

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hey guys,

My local magic shop is doing a lecture this Sunday. I am just wondering what should I bring to the lecture? Should I bring cards, coins, thumb tips, close-up mat etc.? Is there anything to buy at the lecture?

And just for the ones who are curious about whos doing the lecture it is Daryl.

I can't say what you should bring, as I have never been to a lecture in my life (the closest 'real' magic shop - not the cheap self working tricks and fake vomit kind - is 1hr and a half away :( ). But I can tell you that the magician lecturing will usually be selling products that they demo at the lecture or other products by them after the show, so you should bring some cash in case anything catches your eye.

But I'm also curious as to what you should bring. What do they usually supply you with and what do you usually bring?

Since it's Daryl, he does a lot of different magic. I'd say you'd be safe with a deck of cards, couple half dollars, and maybe a TT. Yea...and lots of cash. Atleast enough to get some lecture notes ($15-20ish) and have him sign it (free! LOL!).

Best.
Steve

Sep 1, 2007
Ceres, Ca.
Hey guys,

My local magic shop is doing a lecture this Sunday. I am just wondering what should I bring to the lecture? Should I bring cards, coins, thumb tips, close-up mat etc.? Is there anything to buy at the lecture?

And just for the ones who are curious about whos doing the lecture it is Daryl.

With Daryl you need:

1. A note book to write the name of the tricks down to remind you later what you saw, it's not necessary to try and write down the instructions, Daryl has notes available for an extra charge - but they're very good notes.

2. Coins. (Half or Silver Dollar size {U.S})

3. A couple decks of cards.

4. Maybe some Poker chips if you have them, but I forget why, seems like he did a trick with them, but I might be confusing him with another lecturer.

4. An extra $50.00 U.S. for the products you might find interesting.

That's about it.

I've seen Daryl lecture 8-10 times in my life and seen him perform dozens of times. Be prepared to be entertained, Daryl is charming and talented and always has something for everyone no matter how cynical you are.

I'd be interested in hearing about your experience tomorrow. I like very few lecturers but I find Daryl and his simple approach to magic fun and interesting.

Dave

Aug 31, 2007
UK
If you could get your hands on some sort of tape recorder or other recording device it would be easier than writing down what you hear.

Sep 1, 2007
Ceres, Ca.
If you could get your hands on some sort of tape recorder or other recording device it would be easier than writing down what you hear.

Another youngster that doesn't understand: you don't copy or tape someone's performance.

In this case, Daryl makes his living by selling his lectures and DVD's if you take a recording device to a lecture or performance, don't be surprised if you're asked to leave.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results