Daniel Madison : Collateral / Lethal

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
We've had threads about this before - but i have no idea what either of them are about. I have a feeling collateral is going to be something metalist, or psychological...Lethal - a new flourishing dvd?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 23, 2008
Leeds, UK
Lethal is not a re-release, there will be just information on DVD at the web page and updates of copies we find on eBay etc
What is the UMC?

Oct 19, 2007
im was always curious to when they were going to update it or something but for what I can see t is cool. Soooooooooooo is DM going to close his sit down and start selling things threw devilsadvocateproductions.com? anyway I would love to see more of "G" and his style of magic........

May 19, 2008
manchester
its very hard core :) lol

G is gonna realese a product soon (ish) called sessions, its quite obvious really, it says.said do on his website.

im pretty sure collateral is "change" because on his website when it said "collateral" in funny writing, if you clicked on the link it went to the "change" page - so im guessing that its a few changes. :)
he is gonna realese mentalism, in psycho its gonna come in a few months or so.

I dont have any "special" inside infomation, its all on his websites,

D

Deleted member 2755

As R3man said, Lethal is not for re-release. DM said many times that he won't be releasing it. Also, I don't see why anyone would want to buy a new edition of Lethal which would mean it probably won't be rare for $70 when almost everything on that DVD is on Dangerous. (You could almost think of Dangerous as Lethal digitally re-mastered.:p) Also, combined with the tricks DVD, its $50. So why pay $70 for a non collectible item when you could get 95% of the stuff on it and magic for $50. ;)

Collateral should be fun. I don't use too much of DM's work, but I do like his work a lot. (BURN IS BLOODLY BRILLIANT! BUY IT!) I'm not that fond of using TOO many gimmicks, but his stuff is great. Bad Influence is my "go to" trick. I do it regularly. I look forward to seeing DM's Collateral. I still need to get the 3 lecture notes. ;) I completely forgot about them. Now they are near the top of my mental list of things to get now.:p

As for the UMC, I'm not so sure what's up with that. Time will tell I guess. I never heard anyone on here say they got in. I guess its one of DM's mysterious things in magic that we will either never see or see perhaps fairly soon.

I don't expect to see many things from DM for a while though. He's busy with the whole diet he's doing. Didn't care about it for a while, but then I grew some interest. I guess we'll see more of that in February.

-Doug

Jan 23, 2008
Leeds, UK
The UMC has been up and running for a while now, the reason you never hear about it is because he will only accept those who adhere to rules 1 and 2.

But back on track... Sinful's dead on, a re-release of Lethal would be quite pointless and would only lessen the value of existing copies.

As for Collateral, I do have the go-ahead to expose a few details... It's more along the lines of Identity, not as in 'it's gaffed up to high hell' but it's full of effects that could have been released as singular products. Mentalism, sleights, power-tricks... it's all collateral and it will be the last book of it's kind that d+M writes for a longass time (that's why he's packed so much into it)
I did the photography for it a while back but have only had the time to learn one of the effects called Half Triumph, which is OFF THE HOOK

D

Deleted member 2755

The UMC has been up and running for a while now, the reason you never hear about it is because he will only accept those who adhere to rules 1 and 2.

But back on track... Sinful's dead on, a re-release of Lethal would be quite pointless and would only lessen the value of existing copies.

As for Collateral, I do have the go-ahead to expose a few details... It's more along the lines of Identity, not as in 'it's gaffed up to high hell' but it's full of effects that could have been released as singular products. Mentalism, sleights, power-tricks... it's all collateral and it will be the last book of it's kind that d+M writes for a longass time (that's why he's packed so much into it)
I did the photography for it a while back but have only had the time to learn one of the effects called Half Triumph, which is OFF THE HOOK

Sounds great. I was kind of looking forward to Psycho though which was announced a long while back. I Guess I'll have to wait a while for that (unless of course he put some stuff from that book into Collateral, but I doubt it).

Sounds great. I'm not quite sure what you mean by rules 1 and 2, but I assume its some sort of secret qualification to get in. Well, I'm surprised we haven't heard much about it since its been up for a while.

Well, you definitely sparked my interest for Collateral. Looking forward to it.

-Doug

-EDIT-
Just wanted to share one last piece of information with everyone about gimmicks. Gimmicks are good to use. Yup, I said it. However, they are good to use with MODERATION. I perform gimmicked effects. (Take a look at the Invisible Deck. Gimmicked deck? Yes. Great effect? Yes.) I just don't like carrying around 50 gimmicks with me which is why most of the stuff I learn I try not to make gimmicked. However, sometimes gimmicks can help create masterpieces in magic.

I know the rules if you want to know.

I dont know if somehow it is illegal though so I wont say it here.

I remember awhile back way way back seeing the list of rules but i dont remember them to be honest.
Im not going to ask because i always figured not knowing was part of the mystery and you just gotta continue doing what your doing and hope they contact you.
But i am curious as to how many people are going to PM you asking for the rules lol.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results