Departure Ring Flight

Sep 7, 2008
Departure Ring Flight
http://magicsmith.com/index.php?pag...ion=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1

d1bj2.jpg
d2am1.jpg

The Official Spam:

Borrow a ring, and in the cleanest way you vanish it at your fingertips - both hands are clearly empty. Reach into your back pocket and produce your keys - and their ring is on your keyring!

Introducing the world's most impossible and invisible ring flight. Departure is a pull-style flight built into a key fob that fits on your keychain.

Wherever you go, Departure goes. Built to withstand heavy use, Departure is a ring flight that can withstand the CLOSEST scrutiny. It's whisper silent and mega powerful.

On the video instruction CD, Derek Roberts teaches his Shirt Vanish - a way cleverly vanish any ring right under spectators' noses. You'll also learn a stunning ring and key transpo, which climaxes with their ring appearing your keychain.

The carabiner clip (included) makes attaching the ring absolutely effortless. Plus, it looks much more at home on your keychain than an old-school jewlers' clasp.

Feel free to use your favorite ring flight routine with Departure - and if it makes you feel more confident, you can even wear a coat!

Includes:
~Custom engineered Departure key fob
~Black anodized carabiner clip
~Video instruction CD teaches everything!

My Initial Thoughts:

When I first took a gander at this online, I was pleasantly surprised. If you're like me, and love Ring Flights, you'll know how powerful they are. I've had several Ring Flights, many using a key wallet. Because of my age, carrying around a key case is awkward. When Rinky Dinky came out, I was exuberant. It broke. I haven't done the Ring Flight since. Departure changed all that, this thing is amazing.

The Reactions:

The reactions you will get with this is very similar to most of the other Ring Flights on the market, because it has the same basic effect. The reactions are fantastic, something so valuable to them vanished, and appeared in one of the most impossible locations.

The Quality:

This is heavy-duty stuff. The r**l is made out of steel, and I don't plan on it breaking anytime soon. This will last quite a long time. The clip is also of the highest quality. I've used so many Ring Flights, I know the good and bad clips. This one is good, it's easier than any other one I've used before. It loads silently, and doesn't look like you got it from the jewelry store, which is a definite plus.

The Teaching:

Included with the gimmick, a nice CD with a 10 minute video is provided. The video will teach you the basics of the Ring Flight, but experience will teach you more. Derek is a good teacher, and explains everything good. It's fast, but to the point. If you've ever used a Ring Flight, it's pretty self-explanatory.

The Horror Stories:

With ANY Ring Flight, there will be some horror stories. I've heard about diamonds falling off, and people claiming it wasn't their ring. Obviously, it's their ring. I've never had anything bad happen, but I'm sure it will happen someday.

The Routines:

Derek teaches some very basic things here. He has a nice key/ring transpo, as well as a clever vanish of the ring. Having used variations of the Ring Flight before, I'm just going to substitute my old routine in.

What's Different?:

What's the difference between this Ring Flight and all the others? The ring appears attached to your key ring. If you are unfamiliar with the traditional Ring Flight, the borrowed ring vanished and reappears attached to your key wallet. Departure was struck with a modern twist, but will not be suitable for everyone.

Is it really SILENT?:

It's pretty darn silent. Can you hear it if you were in a room with no other sound? You sure could. Can you hear it with all the natural sound around us? Nope.

Overall:

This seems to be my favorite Ring Flight to date. I'll give this a 9.5/10. I reserve 10/10s for real magic. Also, it's not quite "whisper silent."

If you have any questions about this, please ask.

Jeff

Nov 8, 2007
Nice review. I'm not too crazy about the "shirt vanish" he's using though. In your opinion, how do you think the effect would look if you were to substitute another vanish? Would it look good and work well with the gimmick if you were to just use a simple vanish like a false transfer?

Sep 1, 2007
Do your keys have to be in your back pocket? My reason for asking is because I wear my keys on my belt loop. Could you still use the effect with the keys attachd to your belt loop, or would "talking" be an issue?

-Dave-

Sep 1, 2007
We'll see, we'll see..If it's the answer I want and expect, I'm purchasing it within minutes of hearing the answer. :)

-Dave-

Sep 1, 2007
It can easily be done, you think?

A bit contradicting if you ask me..

So can the keys be on your belt loop or not? Does the effect allow this? And if so, would there be a noise problem? And how would it affect the loading? Would the loading part be just as easy to accomplish and would there be a noise issue with that part of the effect?

-Dave-

Sep 7, 2008
I was contradicting myself. But I tried it yesterday, and it works. Noise shouldn't be a problem. The loading will probable be easier with the keys on your belt loop.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results