A bit of information required...

Dear Theory11 members,
I'm writing to you guys because I recently had a little stroke of creativity, which generally come to me few and far between. Essentially, I've had an idea for an effect which I've been working on. The plot revolves around what I believe to be called a Printing Deck effect, in this case from blank cards. I know there are many of these already published. As I believe my idea to be original, I was wondering if you could use your expertise in the field to point me in the direction of some of these effects in print.
The only ones that spring to mind at the moment are:
1. Satisfaction guaranteed - Daniel Garcia
2. Optical Opener - (embrassingly I've forgotten the creator)
3. I recall seeing Shoot Ogawa performing something along these lines also.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
John Guastaferro has quite a shocking one in his Brainstorm vol. 2:

Snowball Aces - In this mesmerizing routine, the ink simply melts away from both sides of the deck, then magically returns. It's so visual and deceptive, you'll swear it uses rough and smooth cards. (It doesn't).

Here's a performance i found on Youtube. It's a little messy, but you get the idea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYAttK2klbE

Aug 5, 2008
Apart from a colour changing effect, David Forrest's Colour Burn also involves an effect similar to yours.

thanks for your help guys. the snowball aces effect is sublime. and yes, I kind of understand where your coming from with colour burn, which is also a sound effect. although in my opinion his colour changing deck effect in 2wo faced is sweeter. i'm going 2 continue researching and when my work is complete ill post a video up in the media section to get some feedback. Cheers.

Aug 5, 2008
thanks for your help guys. the snowball aces effect is sublime. and yes, I kind of understand where your coming from with colour burn, which is also a sound effect. although in my opinion his colour changing deck effect in 2wo faced is sweeter. i'm going 2 continue researching and when my work is complete ill post a video up in the media section to get some feedback. Cheers.
Hope to see it soon, Mikey. I'll definitely be one of the first to comment on it.

Looking forward to it.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Gregory Wilson has one in Pyrotechnic Pasteboards - I forgot the name but you should check it out anyways!

Good Luck!

yeah point blank is very cool. thanx 4 reminding me I need 2 get the blank deck 4 that effect, its supreme. thanx for your support guys. Might be a little while as I've got lots of interviews and exams to do at the moment, but look out 4 it. Cheers.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results