"Cards on the Floor" Effects

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Yep. After watching Gianni fool Daniel over on the media section, I began thinking ("it happens once in a while" - I set myself up for that one :p) - what other effects with cards on the floor and miraculous endings are there?

I know of Four more on the Floor, And I am thinking of getting into it, in fact the instructions are right in front of me, but I was wondering if you dudes and dudettes knew of any other effects that bare a resemblance to "2 by Gianni".

If you have your own effect, show me, or us! I'd love to see it! Lately I've become entranced by such effects;)
I find that effects where the cards seem completely randomized and uncontrolled have stronger a impact on laymen. It just seems more impossible - and they think theres no way you actually did somehitng to the cards. BTW, Four more on the Floor relies on a pretty gutsy move...any helpful sugestions into making this fireproof?

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: the effect is actually by JC Wagner - but it's together with effects by Syd Segal and JC!

Last edited by a moderator:
I do one effect where I accidentally drop one card from the deck to the floor landing face-down. It's natural for everyone's attention to be diverted to this card. I ask someone to imagine seeing the card fall again in slow motion in their mind. I walk them through visualizing seeing the card flutter slowly to the ground and ask them to catch a glimpse of it as it falls. They have an absolutely 100% free choice. The card is turned over, and it's inevitably their mental selection. I like this piece not only for its simplicity, but also because it looks and feels very situational and impromptu. I think that's what makes it so strong.

I recommend looking into material by Jimmy Grippo.

RS.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
thanks for the fast response! This effect of yours, I guess it doesn't use psychological forces, eh? hum...You've given me some ideas...

Thanks for the tip, ill look into his work

Jul 21, 2008
Finland
Daniel Madison's "Transpone". It is a two card transport with no deck. You throw one card to the floor and you show the other card in your hand. Next time spectator sees a card in your hand, it is the card that was just in the floor.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
That sounds exactly likeone of Daniel Madison's effects...the name escapes me for the moment. I have it in one of his notes...

Where might i find "Transpone"? It sounds like something cool - hopefully it's a different method to Daniel's. Thanks!

@RS - There really isn't alot on Grisppo...there is a book though. Is it worth it?

Sep 15, 2008
Tyler Wilson has one in is book Dominatricks where he drops a card on the floor that lands face up. Then instead of picking it up he takes an indifferent card and changes it into the one on the floor.

A transposition type effect. and a pretty cool one at that. Check it out.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
It is in his Madness Vol.1 (pdf+video)

heh. I misread your initial post - I thought you said Daniel Garcia - Transpone is that effect I couldn't remember!

Tyler Wilson has one in is book Dominatricks where he drops a card on the floor that lands face up. Then instead of picking it up he takes an indifferent card and changes it into the one on the floor.

A transposition type effect. and a pretty cool one at that. Check it out.

I certainly will. Do you have that book? Is it an impromptu effect or does it require gimimicks or such? thanks!

i do a version of lapse where i put the card on the ground. and i adapted bad habit for on the floor performance

Hum...not exactly what i'm looking for here, but it's a good idea nonetheless! ;)

-Gus

Sep 8, 2008
The multiple variations of card stab routines there are... Some are very good, seemingly very fair and mixed one the table (or floor).

Jul 21, 2008
Finland
I saw long time ago a trick in youtube. Card was selected and returned in the deck. Then magician put all the cards to the floor. Spectators selected one area and it was removed. Spectators selected more cads until one card was left, the selection. It is simple but effective...

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
brainblower, do you think you could show me that clip? Do you rememebr anything form it that may help me find it?

thanks!

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I'm sure I remember one from a fairly popular/mainstream product where cards are dropped onto the ground...

Ah yes. I had a look around for you, it's in Full Metal Jacket (Syd Segal & JC Wagner), "Even More Four on the Floor" - at D&D store.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
I'm sure I remember one from a fairly popular/mainstream product where cards are dropped onto the ground...

Ah yes. I had a look around for you, it's in Full Metal Jacket (Syd Segal & JC Wagner), "Even More Four on the Floor" - at D&D store.

:rolleyes:My original post says I have bought the book, and I had it in front of me...tsc tsc...

Hah! Im kidding - thanks for trying anyways. I'll be giving Even Four more on the Floor a shot, although I have to come up with some patter and justification for the stages...

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Ah, crap. Sorry, I totally missed that one. Actually, now that I think about it, I think there's another one, not sure what it is right now though, I'll get back to you when I think of it..

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results