Tattoo's

Sep 20, 2008
Im sure at least one member here has a Tatoo that is Magic Related, if so share a few!

i think i might get one for my 18th. but i dont know what to get and where to place it and where to get it lol.

Sep 20, 2008
i wanted to get something latin on my arm. (Like d+M) but i dont really know WHAT to place there.

odd. and im thinking of something along those lines actually.but not a proper card.

Jan 13, 2008
I have an ace of spades on top of a deck of cards (although, it's turned a bit, so you can see that it's on a deck) on the right side of my chest. It's based on the split spades ace of spades (girl in the middle, also looks like a lion). I don't use it as a reveal very often, but there's the odd time that I have (note that I didn't get the tattoo to act as a reveal, I got it because it represents something that my brother and I have in common and have bonded over (MAGIC! And collecting cards, heh :)), and I chose the Split Spades ace because it was after I watched a David Blaine special that I really got interested in magic)

I remember hearing that a famous magician (I forget who, lol) has a spread of cards across his chest (face down), with one card in the middle face up. However, the card (well, what you can see of the card, which would just be the corner) is blank, so he could fill in whichever card he wanted to use that day. That sounds like a nice idea.

Jan 13, 2008
i wanted to get something latin on my arm. (Like d+M) but i dont really know WHAT to place there.

odd. and im thinking of something along those lines actually.but not a proper card.
Although it may not apply to you in particular, you should note that getting a tattoo on your arm can hurt your chances at some jobs. Also, some jobs (ie. lots of retail jobs, or any jobs that deal with people (even car salesmen)) would require you to cover up your tattoo with long sleeve shirts, which can be especially annoying if you live somewhere hot (or somewhere that has hot summers). Businesses absolutely care about their image, and they (and people in general) often associate tattoos with something negative (crime, jail, etc), which is why they're so anal about tattoos (they're often times just as anal about piercings, just to note).

Again, this may not apply to you or your future job, but it's just something to keep in mind. :)

(this is one of the reasons I opted for my chest as apposed to my arm, as I had originally planned for my tattoo)

Sep 20, 2008
Aye, i get you. any office job hejre in the UK would not accept you if you have any part of your hands tatoo'd. simply because the tatoo is visible and unnappealing.

May 8, 2008
England
getting a tattoo on your arm can hurt your chances at some jobs.

So don't go getting a sleeve of every card from the deck. :p
Well not for a while yet but I'm thinking about getting four aces, fairly small, high on my wrist. Also the Japanese symbol for Judo on my upper shoulder. I have some quotes I love as well but I don't know if I'd get them.

My other two ideas though... Seriously considering them.

If you're getting a tattoo think hard about it. Something with meaning that you won't regret. Also personally I don't think you should get 'bitty' tats. If you want say your arm done, then get your arm done. Know what you want and be sure you want it.

-S

Jan 13, 2008
So don't go getting a sleeve of every card from the deck. :p
It's not just sleeves, it can be any tattoos on your arm. Just like a simple lip piercing isn't allowed for some jobs--it doesn't have to be huge, it just has to be there.

Honestly, I could care less what tattoos people get and where. If they have the opportunity to get a tattoo anywhere they please (ie. their job doesn't get in the way), then by all means they should get their tattoo wherever they want. I'd just think it would be silly to close some doors just because you want to get a tattoo that can be just as nice somewhere less noticeable on your body--that would be a far too emotionally charged decision lacking logical thinking (while it's fun to make decisions for a strong emotional reason, it can be very stupid logically).

In sum: If you can get a tattoo anywhere, then great, go for it. If you think you may want a professional career in the future, you may want to think about where you want to get that tattoo a little bit more.

Whether you take my advice or not, I really don't care. Honestly, I don't care where you get your tattoo, or even how it affects you or your future employability. I'm just letting you know this so, if you care about your future employability, then you can take more care in your decision. It doesn't affect me any if you have an easy or hard time getting a job.

(note: I'm using "you" in the general sense in this post)

I have the split spades spade tattoo's on my wrist..

pic included :) FY it also got me a VIP pass when david blaine saw it in NYC at the dive of death. He thought it was pretty BA and gave me the VIP lanyard thing :)

Attachments

• final.jpg
    final.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 939
Sep 20, 2008
The SS does look badass. i was considering getting that, though not as big as what you got though. =]

Jan 13, 2008
Hurt though. Very thin skin on the wrist there and many nerves. But, it was worth it! :)
That's just what I was going to ask next, heh. I was thinking of getting something on the top of my wrist (under where I normally wear my watch), but I'm not sure how that would feel, lol.

Yeah, the side of my chest wasn't all that bad. It was the portions near my side and near the top (ie. where my collar bone is) that hurt the most.

I'll probably upload a pic when I get a chance. In the midst of studying for midterms at the moment, so I don't feel like looking for my camera. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results