Tattoo's

Jan 13, 2008
It looks pretty good. I'm surprised they would do that much detail in the spade, though...I question how that'll turn out in a while (note to all: intricate details, when too close together, tend to blur together. That's why most artists have a minimum size they prefer to do for words, and usually make judgment calls about detailed work--eg. The artist I go to didn't want to do the Queen of Hearts on me as the size of a real card, as the details (including the eyes, so I couldn't just get a simplified version, ala Smoke and Mirrors) were so fine that they'd begin blurring together after a number of years. It'd look good now, but not in the future). But yeah, I hope it works out well for ya henrossy. :)

Peter: The T11 card there is just for an SNC, like mentioned. It's not a tattoo. His tattoo is the card box beside it. :)

Oct 12, 2007
thread revival since i never saw this when it was originally posted.
i have several tattoos and a few are card related, most notably the card suits on my knuckles...which in certain cases, i have used as an index of sorts during magic routines (usually with drunk girls who don't know the names of the suits) i also have the suits within the sugar skull on my forearm.
Getting tattoos is a personal choice and should only be done if you really want one...don't get one because they are "cool" or because someone else has some.
if you don't have any and want to get one..think long and hard about what you want to get.
never get a tattoo from someone who works out of his house..no matter how good your friends say he is.
always get one from a professional who has at the very minimum 10 years experience and always check their portfolios.
expect to pay alot of money for quality work...do your homework and your research on the artist and get some opinions and referalls from people in your area who have good work on them.
don't go for "namebrand" artists....with all the tv shows on nowadays, like inked, miami ink, la ink and whatever other trendy tattoo show comes on....they have a habit of overcharging because of their tv show....and the fact that i have watched the shows and spotted numerous malpractices and things that just should never be done in a tattoo shop as far as cleanliness and method and execution goes.
anyways, if you wanna check out my work go to http://s356.photobucket.com/albums/oo9/VincentDark3c/tattoos as i have too many to post on here directly

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
http://blog.danielmadison.co.uk/#post5

Got it this past weekend, so still fresh. Turned out great. In actuality, my exact version of the effect looks like this:

A card is forced (er, 'selected') and signed. The spectators themselves actually tear the corner from the card. A lighter is removed and THEY burn the corner up.

I tell them that we'll try to go 'back in time' - and that I actually had a prediction tattooed on my arm. I roll up my sleeve to reveal the torn corner; their signed card aligns to it perfectly... tear for tear.

They can then keep the card, forever and ever (if I later run across them, their card will still, of course, align perfectly to the tattoo) - and I can perform this over and over again. For those of you who think this sounds impossible - think again. For those of you familiar with the method...

:X

P.S. I pray I don't suddenly see an abundance of torn corner tattoo's. Respect the creator... or does that even apply here? :p

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
P.S. I pray I don't suddenly see an abundance of torn corner tattoo's. Respect the creator... or does that even apply here? :p

Don't have to worry about me getting one.

I did recently (week and a half ago) get a tattoo of Rafiki, from the Lion King, on my arm. I'll edit in a link when I get the picture online.

Aug 17, 2009

Got it this past weekend, so still fresh. Turned out great. In actuality, my exact version of the effect looks like this:

A card is forced (er, 'selected') and signed. The spectators themselves actually tear the corner from the card. A lighter is removed and THEY burn the corner up.

I tell them that we'll try to go 'back in time' - and that I actually had a prediction tattooed on my arm. I roll up my sleeve to reveal the torn corner; their signed card aligns to it perfectly... tear for tear.

They can then keep the card, forever and ever (if I later run across them, their card will still, of course, align perfectly to the tattoo) - and I can perform this over and over again. For those of you who think this sounds impossible - think again. For those of you familiar with the method...

i feel for you bro.

Your such a stud Jon.;)

But don't let the earrings fool you though I'm straight buddy.

Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles
Here's mine...
It's not so much magic related as it is related to things that deceive people. Fortune tellers, crystal balls, quija boards, ghosts, the dead?, magicians, UFOs, etc etc.
The bottom has a banner that says "mundus vult decipi"

Just thought i'd share...
It's far from being done...

-JOSH

Attachments

• Photo 25.jpg
    Photo 25.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 92
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results