Best Pass Surrounded?

Sep 1, 2007
If you need a pass specificly, meaning you must transpose two halves of the deck, then the only one I know of where angles are not really a problem is the Losing Control by Lee Asher. That takes a lot of performance confidence though, and can fail if you are nervous. As said before, the double undercut and its kin will do very well, and most of them transpose two packets as well. If a pass is not necessary, consider another control, possibly something based on the double lift.

Sep 3, 2007
What kind of trick/routine are you trying to use the pass for? That would give some good background on what pass might be the best.

Sep 3, 2007
Another thing to think about: Fred Braue ( in his Invisible Pass booklet ) said that his pass can be done surrounded, a claim supported by Paul Rosini and Jeff Busby, this not to mention Hugard's excitement when he published the move ( by making the first magic booklet in history dedicated to one move ). I'm haven't read or see any cardguy who can do it surrounded. In fact, many admit that it has angle issues. Maybe Braue/Hugard skipped a detail in explaining the move? Maybe magicians didn't understand the description correctly? .........

Regards ..

I get it buddy. I've told people to look directly at my hands (when I was good at the pass) and made the pass.... And I think it's just something that isn't comprehensible by laypeople. Magicians see it from a mile away though.

What kind of trick/routine are you trying to use the pass for? That would give some good background on what pass might be the best.
I do a David Harkey spectator cutting to aces, you need to do 3 classic style passes ( other versions would look awkward, due the construction of the effect ) , and they are essential to the effect. The misdirection is good, but not perfect.

I do agree on the flashing for laymen bit, but still, when I first performing the pass I had people telling me they say something weird, its natural to work around it and get it down. Not the easiest thing, but it can be done :)

Cheers,

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
I do a David Harkey spectator cutting to aces, you need to do 3 classic style passes ( other versions would look awkward, due the construction of the effect ) , and they are essential to the effect. The misdirection is good, but not perfect.

I do agree on the flashing for laymen bit, but still, when I first performing the pass I had people telling me they say something weird, its natural to work around it and get it down. Not the easiest thing, but it can be done :)

Cheers,

Totally off topic, but DUDE WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?

Sep 1, 2007
As I said before, I perform at school. I'd like to know what type of pass I should use if I have people on each side of me, around 3 to 10 people. Like, which one can I use invisibly? because I always seem to get that person that absolutely won't take their eyes off my cards.

Michael Paul has something called the "hands up" pass which I've seen him do surrounded, and it's great. Maybe PM him. I do think the move is being released on his "Reality Check" DVD.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results