Where do you find the time?

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Where do you find time to practice? I mean i'm only a freshman in high school and i'm already starting to get alot of homework. And there will be much much more in the next 3 years. Dan and Dave said they practiced 8 hours a day in high school. How do you get that much free time? Did they end up doing really bad in school? Cuz to me, failing a class isnt worth getting better at flourishes and magic.

Sep 2, 2007
honestly it's not hard to find time for magic/flourishing. just be sure to do all of your school work, then the rest of your days with your cards/coins/magical apparatus'

Where do you find time to practice? I mean i'm only a freshman in high school and i'm already starting to get alot of homework. And there will be much much more in the next 3 years. Dan and Dave said they practiced 8 hours a day in high school. How do you get that much free time? Did they end up doing really bad in school? Cuz to me, failing a class isnt worth getting better at flourishes and magic.

Yeah, school can get to be a big pain in the butt at times....that's why we have weekends....and lunch....and study hall.

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
I practice and do hw at work usually. After I manage to get all that out of the way I go to my second job which allows me to practice some more and then the rest of the evening is usually mine. I've got it pretty well worked out :p

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
I get 'cha

Hey Magicshadow9,

I completely second your question. I am also a freshman in highschool, and since the first day of school I have 2 and a half hours of soccer every day after school. So, here is my schedule, I finish school at around 2:15, get changed, and go to our soccer practice. I get home at around 5:15 and then I do my 2 to 3 hours of homework. All that plus dinner gives me almost no time for magic, or even relaxing! I go to bed at around 9:30 because if I didn't I don't even know how I could go a day without at least 8 hours of sleep, because I have to wake up at around 6:00...

Weekends and study hall, that's all I can say.

Good luck finding time.

All the best,

-Sanj

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Finding time really depends on your schedule - but absolutely, you've got your priorities right - do your work first, study, whatever you need to, that's the most important thing. But any time you have a free second, you can be doing flourishing practice if you wanted.

May 3, 2008
Schoolwork definitely does come first so make sure you've finished everything that you need first. I practice at every free moment I get and I mean that literally. I practice during my lunch period, train rides to and from school and occasionaly I find myself flourishing while walking on the streets for no apparent reason. When I research, cards are in my hands and I pick up some cards during that 10 second period where I'd have to think of a response for my homework. I don't think that's healthy human behavior, but I digress. Basically, practice during all the little things that you do such as watching movies, tv, before going to sleep, etc.

Schoolwork definitely does come first so make sure you've finished everything that you need first. I practice at every free moment I get and I mean that literally. I practice during my lunch period, train rides to and from school and occasionaly I find myself flourishing while walking on the streets for no apparent reason. When I research, cards are in my hands and I pick up some cards during that 10 second period where I'd have to think of a response for my homework. I don't think that's healthy human behavior, but I digress. Basically, practice during all the little things that you do such as watching movies, tv, before going to sleep, etc.

Hahaha, that reminds me of the time I was practising cards in a movie, and the guy infront turned around and told me to stop. I did. The I went to get a sip of my drink and he thought I was getting the cards out again so he swung around so quick the drink went all over him. Good times.

To answer the question, I practise whenever. You will get more work in later years, but you'll also realise how little time it takes.

Sep 17, 2008
Maryland
Regardless when you have time to practice, if you actually set time away to practice...you will get much more done than just randomly playing with cards. Not to say that it is bad to do that, but when you say I am going to work on cards from this time to this, you know how much time to play with and practice whatever you need to do. It hels keep your focus.

Oct 20, 2008
Guam, USA
I'm a full-time college student, and find time in between classes and stuff. I just always bring a deck with me, so whenever I have down time i can practice.
Don't worry there are ways.

Nov 30, 2007
Tell me about it man. I am also a freshman and my school is pretty tough. Soon I will be taking AP classes too. I also have crew which is a big committment. I practice honestly whenever I have time. School always comes first though. I mostly have a deck lying around the house so sometimes I will just pick it up and practice if I am waiting for something like dinner, crew, etc. Best of luck in magic and school!

Sep 4, 2007
Antioch,CA
Im freshman too :p. I go to the library and wait till I get picked up and practice there. Or, I practice te reast f the day and do my homework before school in the morning.:p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results