Left Handed?

Which hand?

• Left handed

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Right Handed

Votes: 25 51.0%

• Total voters
Left Handed people are meant to be more artistic and creative, so I thought I'd apply that to magic and see how many of my fellow magicians are also lefties.
I'd really like to see the ratio.

Dec 10, 2007
Texas
I'm ambedextrious, but I started with my right hand, so I put righty.

Left Handed people are meant to be more artistic and creative

That's why Andrei Jikh, Allan Hagen, Jonas Haglund, Viet Nguyen, and only those lefty old timers are good. I've noticed righties improve at a normal rate, while lefties improve slowly. I don't know why because I'm not one -or didn't start out as a lefty.
I'm not trying to put any lefties down, but I'm just stating what i've notice.

Your quote above is an opinion, not a fact.

-Eugene

Jul 30, 2008
I'm a lefty too.

Edit:

Eugene, I think you're stereotyping with your statement. Try to back up your words or just take it back.

Sep 2, 2007
I'm a lefty, but I am also kinda amidextrious. I found out early that it's WAY eaisier to learn an effect taught right handed if you do it right handed, especially flourishes. So most of my card tricks are done using the right handed method.

Sep 9, 2008
Philippines
I'm a right handed guy. I do most of my sleights and stuff like that with my right hand, but I sometimes switch to the left to do some of them.

-Niko

Sep 17, 2008
Maryland
I voted right. But I use both. I am right handed and I started out as a righty. But I have forced myself to use my left hand and become second nature with it. I can do most of the tricks with both hands now. It is also easier, because most books or videos have instructions from the left hand point of view.

.meh.

Jan 31, 2008
I'm left handed and hold the deck in my left hand when doing XCM, if that's odd.... although I can go double-wielding style with a more than a few moves, but I need to improve my right hand dexterity....

Sep 2, 2007
Although I am primarily right-handed in everyday life, I, too, am left-handed when it comes to magic. However, I can perform select sleights with my right-hand. As a result, I guess I could be qualified as semi-dexterous. ;)

Cheers,
JTM

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results