The Clipshift

Oct 9, 2008
Gardena,CA
So i was just wondering how hard the clipshift is on a scale of 1 to 10 because i want to learn it but i dont want to spend 40 bucks for just 1 trick you know..........so yea can somebody help me out plz and thanks

~Ramo D.

Oct 13, 2007
Difficulty

The difficulty level in the beginning seems up there in the 8 to 10 range but if you keep working at it then you realize that it isn't all that hard with some practice. And just so you know the clipshift is totally worth $40. As Chris Kenner said its worth its weight in gold (I'm assuming the dvd?).

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
its not one trick i believe it to be more of a utility move

You learn alot of tricks colour changes palms a one handed pass called the 26 shift

i believe its a great dvd

The Clipshift is one of those sleights which will take forever to get down perfectly (like Chad does it) but, you will be able to get a pretty good Clipshift within a month or 2 after purchasing the DVD. When I say pretty good I mean that as in performing for a live audience.

And, on the DVD it isn't just 1 trick. Chad teaches numerous effects utilizing the Clipshift and lots of other sleights on the DVD, the Clipshift isn't the only one.

To find more info check out some of the more detailed reviews in the Product Review Section.

-RA69

P.S.I personally love the Clipshift and would recommend it to anyone but, it's always good to research and make the smart choice before buying anything.

Feb 28, 2008
It took me a long time to get the first few steps down and found it really hard and almost impossible. I'd say it's an 8 or 9, but I'm really not sure of anything that I know how to do that's harder than the clipshift.

I really like the move though and found it to be a great purchase even though I have yet to do it in public. There are a lot of great applications for the move on the dvd and I personally thought that the DVD was just very entertaining as I found Chad really funny and his tricks to be really entertaining and clever - Tricycle is actually pretty deep and metaphorical too.

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
I agree that it is about an 8 or a 9 in difficulty. I have reletively small hands but eventually I got the mechanics of the move down fine. The hardest part for me so far is making the move silent. However, once I can perform "%#$@ OFF" (a bonus trick) flawlessly $40 and a couple months of practice will seem like nothing. Well worth it!

Cheers!

Oct 3, 2007
germany
I would also agree with the 8/9 range from a difficulty perspective.

On the subject of it being one move however:

The D&D website said:
Freefall
A protruding face-up selection slowly and visually sinks through the entire deck landing in the spectator’s awaiting hand. In a blink, the whole process is reversed, bringing the card instantly to the top.

Rum Jungle
Two selections are lost and a random card is removed and held face up. With a quick shake, it visually changes into the first selection. The spectator is then asked to shake the card, which changes into the second selection.

Tricycle
A single selection viewed by three spectators is buried into the pack. After shuffling, three random cards are removed, shown, and handed out to the three spectators who are asked to confirm they are not the selection. With a snap, each spectator is instructed to turn over his or her card, and each card is seen to have changed into the selection. Each card is different.

Clean Hook
After explaining sleight of hand will be used to find the spectator’s selection, a one-handed flourish swirls the selection from the center of the deck. The cards are taken behind the back with one hand. A second later, the hand is brought out, showing the selection’s three mates all protruding from the edges of the deck.

Criterion
The four Kings are produced in mid-air. Three selections are shuffled back into the pack. One at a time the Kings slowly and visually vanish only to re-appear with the three selections sandwiched between them.

Fourplay
A puzzling effect where a selected card shows character. Straight away a returned face-down selection appears face up and upon removal it turns face down, visually. The inversions continue, leading to a chaotic climax which must be seen to be disbelieved.

#@*! Off
A double color change with one hand that begins by showing the Aces buried throughout the pack. By waving the cards, the two blacks Aces instantly appear face up on top and bottom. This is followed by another magical appearance of the two reds Aces face up on top and bottom.

Mar 8, 2008
New Hampshire
Well, I'd say once I started out it was probably difficulty of 8 or 9, but once you practice and make it feel comfortable it becomes gradually easier. This also isn't a thing that you will practice until you get it down then stop doing it, you will want to keep on practicing this even when you can do it without flashing and in good time. I practice this move constantly, it just becomes natural after a lot of practice.

D

Deleted member 2755

Hey Ramo. From what I've been seeing from you, your very new to magic. By buying this DVD, you will not be able to do a single thing on it. Not only is the Clipshift hard, but the tricks on the DVD require you to already know several sleights or be used to cards so that when Chad quickly goes over them, you can learn them simply by mimmicking his movements. For your own good, don't purchase this DVD.

I would recommend you get the book The Royal Road to Card Magic. That will take you from a beginner to a pro. When you read and perfect everything in that book, the sky is the limit.

Hold off on Surfaced for a long while.

-Doug

Oct 9, 2008
Gardena,CA
Hey Ramo. From what I've been seeing from you, your very new to magic. By buying this DVD, you will not be able to do a single thing on it. Not only is the Clipshift hard, but the tricks on the DVD require you to already know several sleights or be used to cards so that when Chad quickly goes over them, you can learn them simply by mimmicking his movements. For your own good, don't purchase this DVD.

I would recommend you get the book The Royal Road to Card Magic. That will take you from a beginner to a pro. When you read and perfect everything in that book, the sky is the limit.

Hold off on Surfaced for a long while.

-Doug

dude wtf im not new to magic iv been doin this **** for like 3 years i just didnt have the internet at that time

Mar 14, 2008
No need to bash the moderator Ramo. It was probably just a misunderstanding. I'm sure he meant nothing by it and was only trying to be helpful. Anyways, the Clipshift is probabably at a difficulty of 8/10 to begin, but starts to get easier as you progress. Pretty much what everyone else said ;).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results