Guardians sold by USPCC/Stores?

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
Guardians are already sold in stores (magic shops) but if you're talking about something like Walmart... hmm hard to tell. I don't like the back of the box, it's ugly :p

Sep 2, 2007
I dont think they'll be sold in reatail stores, but I'm not the one marketing these. My conclusion would be that these are a slightly different box design sold in France. The box says playing cards in French, I dont recall the guardians from here saying that. If USPCC owns the rights to the design than I guess it's possible, but I would assume that they dont.

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
Actually the french and english usually indicates canada on Bicycle cards. I suspect though we will be seeign these in stores.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Our plans for world domination have been unmasked! Blast you all.

Actually, as many of you have guessed, the Guardians will be available through select retailers (where USPC brand playing cards are sold) in both the US and Canada shortly. Be on the lookout for 'em.

That's so cool. Theory11 stuff in stores? Not sure if I like it too much, now we'll get a bunch of little kids coming over here.
But anyway, will there be centurions in stores as well? I like them much more.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2755

Our plans for world domination have been unmasked! Blast you all.

Actually, as many of you have guessed, the Guardians will be available through select retailers (where USPC brand playing cards are sold) in both the US and Canada shortly. Be on the lookout for 'em.

*Prays for Wallgreens* I have one which is about a 2.5 minute walk from my house. ;)

-Doug

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
That's so cool. Theory11 stuff in stores? Not sure if I like it too much, now we'll get a bunch of little kids coming over here.
But anyway, will there be centurions in stores as well? I like them much more.

I doubt it, they're just going to be another cool looking deck of cards to most people. Now, if they started selling their DVDs at Walmart and Target I could see some beginners starting to find the site.

David

D

Deleted member 2755

no no!!!! what? Dvd's In walmart? I would definetly go against that, I hope it will never crosses theory 11 staff that idea!

I would also be against that, but we aren't talking about DVD's. We are talking about decks. =P The most you'll find is a deck of Guardians.

-Doug

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I would also be against that, but we aren't talking about DVD's. We are talking about decks. =P The most you'll find is a deck of Guardians.

-Doug

Yeah, I know, Is not a problem for me, I am not affected by this decision, (altough there are a couple of walmarts in my town, I dont think they will selll this decks) Cool for you guys :D

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Is it going to come with the black T11 card?
If it does i dont very much like that idea
I dont want people coming into this website and seeing that this type of magic can be bought.
That would just ruin it for me.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I dont want people coming into this website and seeing that this type of magic can be bought.

I second that!!!! Is like learning guitar! I was the best.... Until some %&%head started selling guitars at stores, and making videogames about guitars...

Atsh:mad:

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
I second that!!!! Is like learning guitar! I was the best.... Until some %&%head started selling guitars at stores, and making videogames about guitars...

Atsh:mad:

Lol. you know what i mean.
Magic something that touches people in different ways than music of not more.
And to discover that it can available with just punching in a credit card number...
Well i just dont like it.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
You had to find theory11 somehow, right? Every magician - including yourself - had their start somewhere. Why not it be a reputable site with the greatest creative minds in the industry?
I pray that was sarcasm. If so, you've said it all.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
You had to find theory11 somehow, right? Everyone magician - including yourself - had their start somewhere. Why not it be a reputable site with the greatest creative minds in the industry?

OK I get that but I found T11 because I really put forth and effort into finding a place like this. I just dont like the idea of this place so easily accesible to people.
I dont know.
Im just the guy who believed in what alexander hermann said. That magicians are born not made. I dont mean that in a smug fashion. I just dont know how to explain it.
Im probably just old fashioned in how i think. Like learning off of books instead of one trick dvd's (with T11 products excluding because these effects are worth it) , or going to youtube for tutorials.
Im probably making a big deal about something that wont even affect much.
Just now the people i do magic for wont say that i have cool cards. Since they'll be available to the general public.haha

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
You had to find theory11 somehow, right? Every magician - including yourself - had their start somewhere. Why not it be a reputable site with the greatest creative minds in the industry?

Of course it was sarcasm!

By the way, let's put it like this...

Do you wanna know one of the reasons of why I love magic?

Because it's something you dont see that often...it's something THEY dont see that often!

Now, I know that not everybody is going to think like me... Not everybody is going to see magic like I do!

That's why if I start to see a lot of "merchandise" in Wal-Mart, and a lot of people seeing magic as something else cool , guys that doesn't respects the art the way I do... It would break my heart.

So I know that Theory 11 is a company, an association, but It would sadden my heart if they prefer profit over the art... I know they won't...

Haha, I know I am making a big deal out of a bunch of cards going out into the stores... It was just something I was thinking...

Cheers and have a nice day.

KevinReylek

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
NY
www.newyorkmagicproject.com
I'm sorry, but what effort goes into finding any online magic seller? I don't post much, but really, magic is easier to find today than it ever was. Whether someone finds T11, Ellusionist, Penguin, or anything else, it's all only a Google search away. Finding a magic store online is one of the easiest things someone can accomplish today. A bit of searching for David Blaine or Criss Angel, and they're here. A few dollars later, and they have some DVDs, custom decks, etc.

I've seen this "worry" pop up time and time again. And yet, nothing ever happens. How many tens or hundreds of thousands of Svengali decks have been sold at malls, in airports, in toy stores, and cheap magic kits around the world? How many thumbtips? These are all real brick and mortar venues. Despite the wide exposure, I'm still able to perform with both items and fool the pants off people.

Picking up a deck of T11 cards in an actual store isn't going to make T11 any easier to find than it already is. Those who are interested will explore the site. Those who get bitten by "the bug" will stay, and hopefully grow into great magicians. Those who don't will leave in short order.

Magic has to be accessible to laypeople. If the secrets aren't shared, then the art would die out. We all started as non-magicians. Nobody kept us out of the game. We were welcomed into the community, and were allowed to start learning just like everyone else.

Not to mention, many people nowadays actually use cards for playing games. It's a shocking thought, I know. Lots of card enthusiasts out there like cool-looking cards for their games, and could care less that a "magic company" designed them.

If anything, we should look on this as a good thing. If T11 is able to get their cards into stores on such a wide basis, that allows them to earn more money, which they can then put back into their company to create more releases for us to enjoy.

But, no, you guys are right. Nobody should be able to find out about magic at all. That way all of the magic companies can go out of business and we can all be forced to start using our own creativity....

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results