Reversing the bottom card

Mar 9, 2008
O yeh i forgot to state that the second card on the bottom is face up already, i just need to know how reverse the bottom most card without having to bring it to the top and doing a ego change.

Any help?

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Hmm. I don't know all these sleights personally, but I'm sure something would work from the bottom. Alternatively, you could restructure the routine. Alternatively - work on the half pass! What's the issue you have with the half-pass, maybe we can help you with that too? What half pass do you use, and how long have you been practicing with it?

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
Spread the cards a little and perform a half-pass then. The spreading action should provide more cover. Add a pinch of misdirection and you're set to go.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
O yeh i forgot to state that the second card on the bottom is face up already, i just need to know how reverse the bottom most card without having to bring it to the top and doing a ego change.

Any help?

Half pass would be the best choice in that specific situation. As somebody said before me you could modify the handling so you could reverse it in a different way.

David

While the half pass is recommended by many members, personally I like to minmize it as possible, since its not what you call the smoothest way to reverse a card ( especially if your dealing with a single card while your using the whole deck, and I'm talking about the classical version ).

Krenzel's move will fit nicely. Check the chapter on reverses in Card College vol.4 I believe, there is a method where you turn the deck face up normally, and get one card reversed. Check into Expert Card Technique or even Royal Road and study reversals.

There are methods here and there by Harry Lorayne, Vernon and many others. Personally I hate doing the half pass with few cards, when other options can replace it.

Cheers,

I just turn over the bottom card while speaking to the spectator. Make sure your eyes are on their face, not the deck. Your eyes direct their eyes, so if you look down, they will too. If you can establish eye contact while speaking, you can pretty much lock them into looking at you until you look away.

At least, that's my experience of it.

In retrospect, I use something that's very similar to a reversed half pass, turning over one card while leaving the deck intact. I don't think you need to be very fancy about it, at any rate.

Sep 20, 2008
Israel
Reversing the bottom card is a sleight I barley seem to use, but just by trying it now, it seems quite invisible if you get the angle right, if you just flick it over with the pinky (after aquireing a break) and by putting the index finger under the deck.
Just slide it back and slightly to your right, then flick it upside-down.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Reversing the bottom card is a sleight I barley seem to use, but just by trying it now, it seems quite invisible if you get the angle right, if you just flick it over with the pinky (after aquireing a break) and by putting the index finger under the deck.
Just slide it back and slightly to your right, then flick it upside-down.

That's basically a half pass.

David

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results