Off Topic: Halloween Plans

MODS Please don't delete this. I believe it will start some cool conversations. Or at least don't lock or delete it until after halloween.

Well guys, Halloween is but a few days a way and I haven't posted in a week or two. And I have a reason. I've been prepping for Halloween. That's right! It takes me almost three weeks to get ready...

First I had to design my costume. I went down to the thrift shop and bought a suit which was immidiatly ripped and tattered to look like I had been burried for years. I also bloodied up the white undershirt to be gruesome. Then I got a mask that is creepy and even feels cold and clammy.

On Halloween I help my grandfather out with his haunted yard display. It is full of scares and anamotronics he created out of old machines. I hide and scare people with my friend. I also bought some stuff to improve the look of his house like caution tape, strobe lights, made a Halloween music CD, and bought a skeleton. I will also, be throwing flash paper at people and using a head drop.

Let me walk you through the yard verbally...

First, you approach the driveway where there is a sign lit up warning younger kids about the danger within. as they walk up the driveway they see a white van parked at an odd angle in the center covered with caution tape. As you get closer a strobe light fires up IN the car and you see a Skeleton holding a Bud Light can. (Our way to spread the message "Don't Drink And Drive") As you look at the skeleton and laugh fog becins to creep out from yunder the car. Then I lunge at you and scare people to death. ( I was behind the van with the strobe and fog controls.. wait is that exposure?)

After this you continue to walk over to a coffin where a scarecrow lies down with an ax. When you come near a bird says "Beware the end is near." And the lights in the scarecrows eyes fire up. It sits up and moans, then goes back.(This is an anamatronic my grandfather made out of a washing machine engine.)

You continue to an old well where there is a sign about how if you look carefully you can see Satan in it.. You look and it is dark. suddenly there is a lud laugh and the face of the devil is illuminated in red in the well. It spits compressed are at you with a loud bang. ( This is made out of Wood, a Mask, lights, a motion censor, an air compressor, a tube, an Amp, a CD... It gets everyone.)

Finally you go to the door where there is a scarecrow of Freddy Krueger. It has to be a real scarecrow. It has leaves that fell from trees, the hands are distorted like no humans, and it is even damp from the dew and rain. WRONG! It pops up and scares you! (It is my friend who has willingly dampened his clothes, put leaves on him, and has double joited fingers to make weird shapes under his gloves.)

My grandfather opens the door and tells you a story about a woman who he loved and how she left him because she couldn't stand how he treated her. When she left he asked if he could have one little thing to remeber her by. then he says "I took her hand!!!" He then shows a hand nailed to a board that's fingers twith and grope at your neck. (made out of a rubber hand, a board, a lever for my grandfather to pull, and guitar strings attached to the fingers underneat to pull the fingers.) He then gives you the candy and you think it's over...

Wrong again... they didn't realise that I had snuck up behind them while they were listening to the story. When they turn around I leap at them again and they run... And we laugh... Then we FEAST ON HUMAN FLESH!
Anyone else doijng something like this?

Dylan P.

Mar 8, 2008
New Hampshire
That sounds like an intense house. I wish I lived near you so I can go.
Unfortunately, my band instructor makes us play at a football game on halloween.

Oct 24, 2008
in your closet
Cool.

I don't know what I'm being for halloween. I already have this vampire cape thing. Maybe I'm just going to buy some vampire teeth and wear my cape and say that I'm a vampire dracula guy.:p

Jul 21, 2008
Ohio
I'm going trick-r-treating tomorrow night, as a magician. Then they'll probably ask me to do a trick, so I'll just do a quick selection, control to top. DL, then Erdnase change it to theirs. Once in a while, I'll switch and do a clipshift instead of an Erdnase. (Your never too old to go trick-r-treating. :p I'm 16 btw.) Then on Friday, I'm hopefully going to a haunted house. Well those are my plans.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
I don't think I'm doing anything. Halloween happens to be my dad's birthday :eek:...might just sit up all night watching Sleepy Hollow and The Nightmare Before Christmas. Hehehe, love those films.

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
to old and big to go out for halloween, but i am dressing up at work, and possibly the club halloween party

head drop + wounded stigmata effects=killer :)

pain in the ass though as my coat is super gimmicked lol

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Wow, you Americans sure get into it, ey?
You have no idea mate. Millions and millions are spent.

A Haunted Hayride down the road from me charges 8 bucks a head. Theres a 2hours wait for the tickets and a 4 hour wait for the ride. Thats with about 8 tractors going at once with around 50 people on each tactor. I'll let you do the math but they make a killing. The good thing however is this particular place donates every cent to 2 local volunteer fire departments to help them with their equipment.

The development I live in is very family orientated and doesnt have a through street which makes it popular Halloween because theres no traffic. Every house goes all out. My front yard looks like a cross between a graveyard and a Christmas light display show. I'll have about 2,500 to 3,000 kids dropping by. Last year I went through 18 bags of candy.

The first year after I moved in I flipped the porch light on and had my 2 bags of candy because nobody warned me. I thought I was going to get mobbed after I ran out. Yeah, people around here get into it.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Fun topic!

I'm going to a party then a nightclub for Halloween. I'm putting some corpse paint on my face and going as 'Dead CL', haha.

I don't plan on any real performance, though I do plan on perhaps crying some tears of blood at some point. Maybe pushing a pencil or two through my face too... We'll see!

On Saturday I'm going to a post halloween bonfire party at my friend's place, so I'm thinking same plan there!

CL

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Holy crap, 3,000 kids?! That's sooo many!
Yeah. Its almost to the point where its stupid. I was stunned the first year because it is out in the country a bit.
Bus loads from churches and other kids groups drop off at the end of the street
and unleash the furry. Its fun though.

Dec 14, 2007
Doing a custom seance for a client. Been working on it for two months. Have been doing load in at their house all week. Full dark seance complete with manifestations. Should be fun.

Brad Henderson

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results