Sticky for deck designs?

Mar 16, 2008
Melbz
Come on Sypris theres no need to accuse other members of trying to act superior. Now, I may sound like an underproductive geek when I proclaim that you must think of the community before yourself and give this magic community the change it needs to be a productive place to be involved with online, but as I mention these suggestions it would be absolutely an understatement of hyperbole to suggest that I am stating them to be a oxymoronic jerk. So perhaps, in the most tactful tone and emotive language, please embrace what we have and make an attempt not to condemn those who put so much effort, love and passion into creating art. (yes, it is an artform - make no mistake about it)

Ultimately I hope you among the many T11 members that make this place an absolute success (most of the time) don't undermine the purest intents of any other member because we are united by a calling, a love, a desire, a passion, an interest, an enthusiasm, a photograph, a film, a connection with others, and above all, purity of intention.

Sincere regards,

H. Beaker

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
Y'know what?

For the amount of times I see posts in other threads about people saying it's not right to bash people on their videos/performances, etc but rather to give constructive advice, it sure is interesting to see people willingly and openly bash other people's attempts to be creative through deck design.

What happened to support? Just because it's an indirect comment (ie. not in the designer's thread) it makes it OK to say people's attempts "suck ass" or are "sh*t designs"??

Honestly, you can't sit there and just pass judgment like that; it's counterproductive. Besides, imagine trying to create something you're passionate about only to find people harshly shooting down your work; do you think that's going to inspire them to keep trying?

For the large part, people here are generally very supportive and willing to help, but it's just those few people who just ruin the sense of community and decide that they can put themselves above others for some reason.

being supportive can sometimes mean telling the truth and not deluding others into thinking their deck designs are TEH MOST AWESUM.

Sep 1, 2007
New Zealand
Come on Sypris theres no need to accuse other members of trying to act superior. Now, I may sound like an underproductive geek when I proclaim that you must think of the community before yourself and give this magic community the change it needs to be a productive place to be involved with online, but as I mention these suggestions it would be absolutely an understatement of hyperbole to suggest that I am stating them to be a oxymoronic jerk. So perhaps, in the most tactful tone and emotive language, please embrace what we have and make an attempt not to condemn those who put so much effort, love and passion into creating art. (yes, it is an artform - make no mistake about it)

Ultimately I hope you among the many T11 members that make this place an absolute success (most of the time) don't undermine the purest intents of any other member because we are united by a calling, a love, a desire, a passion, an interest, an enthusiasm, a photograph, a film, a connection with others, and above all, purity of intention.

Sincere regards,

H. Beaker

Hahaha. That post is a joke, right? You know that most people here won't even know what a hyperbole is, or an oxymoron, and you use them in the same sentence. Wonderful!

Apr 26, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
his way of classifing them collectively under one action. but honestly...some of them really do make me want to take a spork and..... you know what i mean.

Yeah, yeah I understand that.. but you don't need to say it.
Anyway, I think I've made my point so I needn't really say any more (unless I need to).

Mar 16, 2008
Melbz
jimmah01 - please don't feel like your opinion and expression isn't important to the welfare of this community. I assure you that it is, just as important as any other member's sincere expression.

Ultimately, if you feel the need to express something within the Theory11 Official Rules and Law, please do so at your will.

Sincere purity,

H. Beaker.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
If you really hate deck design threads...

Don't open the threads.

Or if you accidentally open them - press the back button on your browser.

The two seconds you spend doing this, followed by your temporary bout of annoyance matters to absolutely nobody.

For somebody with such an absurdly high post count, you'd think that your posts would have correct spelling or structuring to them at the very least.

LOL.

Quoted for truth.

Aug 31, 2007
In my original post I never bashed anyone's design. I just said after seeing three or four posts in a row it made me want to stab my eyes out. I just meant that people are getting out of control it seems and seeing so many of them was starting to get annoying.
Not many people here like to see the "Hey what should I get next" post, well I don't like the "Hey what do you think of my deck design" posts.

I think they are warranted but should maybe be put in a single post where there is less clutter on the main board.

Sypris - Rockin the Boat....all night long!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results