Hand wash

Jan 16, 2008
Dear all,

I am an amateur coin magician in need of a source to learn hand-washing (showing both hands empty while actually having a coin in the hand). I bought David Stone Vol. 1 in the hopes of learning his whole One Coin Routine, but is sad to say that he doesn't teach the technique of hand-washing.
Please, can anyone help?

Thanks for reading.
David

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hand washing is an underused technique, I feel. While lots of people do coin basics, I'm yet to see more than about four or five amateurs who bother to learn washing techniques. I personally love it!

My preferred washing sequence is one I learned from the Troy Hooser book 'DesTROYers', which in turn is based on Gary Kurtz' technique from 'Flurrious'.

Hope this helped!

CL

Jan 26, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
The 1 on 1 "Flicker" teaches a simple hand washing technique in conjunction with the routine. The technique can pretty easily be adapted for other coin routines.

There's also some handwashing techniques in JB Bobo's Modern coin magic though you won't find them under that title. The book, by the way, is probably the best book for beginners of coin magic.

Hope this helps as well,
M M

Sep 1, 2007
Michael Paul will be releasing a multi effect DVD that features a coin effect. In it he teaches a very good hand washing technique.

Jan 16, 2008
Thanks guys! But one of my main concerns is what hand-washing techniques David Stone is using in his One Coin Routine...cuz to me it looks so convincing. =) Does anybody know?

Sep 1, 2007
oldavid1, the handwashing sequence IS shown on his DVD but it is shown on his 2nd one... Coin Magic Vol.2 Hope that helps.. :p

Jun 29, 2008
What are they under in Bobo's book? I have looked everywhere in the book, can't find it though.

Sep 15, 2007
They are in the context of various routines in Bobo's.
I use Kurtz technique all the time in my coin sequences. I also use various things from Sol Stone as well.

The key to good handwashing is using the proper soap...lol just kidding.
The key is to act natural..some people over do the handwahsing bit and it looks totally out of place. Kurtz talks about active and relaxed states where you move your hands together and yet the audience does not remember your hands even coming close. Slydini also was amaster of this....reference his imp pass and one coin routine to learn more.

hope that helps a bit,
Snorri

Jan 26, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
They are in the context of various routines in Bobo's.

An example of this can be found on pg. 210 (of the Dover book publication) "Just Pretend," by Stuart Cramer. Also, the tossing motion found in "Sucker Vanish" on pg. 50 can be used as a handwash if used in conjunction with some logical motions.

Hope that helps,
MM

Nov 7, 2008
oldavid1, the handwashing sequence IS shown on his DVD but it is shown on his 2nd one... Coin Magic Vol.2 Hope that helps.. :p

Since the original poster was talking about the one coin routine, which is from Real Secrets of Magic vol 1, are you sure that the hand washing is shown in Coin Magic vol 2 instead of Real Secrets of Magic vol 2? I'm asking because I want to make sure before I buy the wrong DVD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 23, 2008
Two solid hand washes are in Flicker (Doug McKenzie) here in the 1-on-1 section. Beyond that, all of the references listed in this thread thus far are top notch.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Two solid hand washes are in Flicker (Doug McKenzie) here in the 1-on-1 section. Beyond that, all of the references listed in this thread thus far are top notch.

YEah, part of the reason i bought Flicker was for the hand washes. They're a really nice thing to have...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results