Collateral//A simple Review.

<Collateral/> By Daniel Madison
Product Page

What is Collateral?
Collateral is the last PDF file being released by Daniel Madison in the near future. It is a 37 page book on modern card magic and subterfuge. The book contains 12 effects which are designed to be performed close-up and in strolling situations.

What effects are in Collateral?
All the effects in Collateral are never before seen effects from Daniel Madison, and one re-make. To view the description of each effect view the link to the product page above.

My Thoughts
I'm not going to go through every effect in detail due to the fact I have not had the time to look through every single one. But, the one's I have learned and taken the time to practice I have to say must be some of Daniels best work yet. Anyone who knows his work will also know Mr.Madison is a creative force, and the pages of this PDF bleed creativity.

The one effect that struck my eye is Infliction, and I have to say is my favourite effect on the PDF. It's very practical, and great for walk-around. Yes, it is gimmicked (sorry purists) but, it fits un-noticed in your pack of cards, and the reveal can be repeated with another selection if need be.

There are a few effects on here in all honesty I will not use just due to the fact it doesn't fit my performing style or have the desired outcome in the end I wish. But, I can really only say that about 2 effects. Everything else in my mind is gold. Boxer for example is a very effective 3 phase Card Box Penetration routine that uses no gaffs or gimmicks. Even the gimmicks involved with most of the effects are both easy to make and go un-noticed which is key.

Everything on here has been streamlined to the point where a PDF file should be. You can see the overall thought and effort put into these effects by Daniel and the other magicians that contributed. I was very pleased to see just how well thought out everything was.

In my final statement all I can really say is, if you enjoy Daniel Madison's work and know what to expect from him then Collateral is a great investment. I believe there is at least 1 effect in this PDF for everybody, and that is very hard to do when you have a specific style.

Effects Using Gimmicks//
-Trip
-Vantage
-Rebound
-Infliction
-Enemy

All of the other effects are pure sleight of hand.

Cheers,
-RA69

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results