Shifty?

Nov 10, 2007
I have been debating on to buy shifty or not. I have a few questions:
What are the angles?
and please do not bash me on this but what is the difficulty level 1 - 10 [ 10 being hardest 1 being easiest ] , once again this is just a question and do not fell like a million people yelling me for asking this so please just answer this kindly:)

May 7, 2008
MoNTReaL 514 *****!
angles..
CK says thats it's better to do it in a one on one situation but you can perform for a small crowd

and difficulty
i thought it was really hard when i started to practice it but once you have the move down it's pretty easy

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
personally i absolutely love this trick, its one of my best purchases. i do it often. on a scale of 1-10 i wouldn't say any higher than a 5 i picked it up real quick. angles wise i haven't really had an issue with any angle. obviously the effect has angles that it is more visual and those are mostly 180 right in front of you. i would definitely pick it this one up

Nov 4, 2008
shifty is really good angles aren't bad and not that hard maybe 2 weeks of practice and you'll get it good but another rising card that looks good is riot i don't have but looks really nice

May 24, 2008
I would say say its pretty knacky, but very easy once you have it down. One on one situations are best, but it kills. Buy it, you will not be dissapointed.

If you are interested in Shifty and other tricks that Chris has put out as 1-on-1's (like the incredible 5 speed), I really recommend that you invest in the whole book (Totally Out of Control) rather than the individual tricks; you get much better value.

Sep 25, 2008
Just my opinion but i wasnt to pleased with shifty,, Performed it a few times during my ACR and people just give me a look like umm ok.... I think its more of a magicians trick ,,, We appreciate it but not sure the spectators do

Oct 10, 2007
i thought shifty was extremely good with other people other than magicians if you emphasized the fact that it was rising and comment on the movement of the card everytime you do the move

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Just my opinion but i wasnt to pleased with shifty,, Performed it a few times during my ACR and people just give me a look like umm ok.... I think its more of a magicians trick ,,, We appreciate it but not sure the spectators do

I think you might be presenting it wrong man - I don't use shifty exactly, but I use Shigeo Futagawa's (very similar) elevator move - pretty much exactly the same effect, and I get incredible reactions from the people I perform it to pretty much without fail.

Does shifty use the same technique as the S.W. Elevator in TOOC?

From memory, the S.W.Elevator uses a series of S.W.E Shifts, in which case, no, it's very different (see 1-on-1 for SWES).

i thought shifty was extremely good with other people other than magicians if you emphasized the fact that it was rising and comment on the movement of the card everytime you do the move

Actually, I've put a lot of thought into this move, and there is a LOT of room for presenting it, and a lot of room for subtleties which augment the effect. pokerlife - maybe you're presenting it wrong?

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
I think you might be presenting it wrong man - I don't use shifty exactly, but I use Shigeo Futagawa's (very similar) elevator move - pretty much exactly the same effect, and I get incredible reactions from the people I perform it to pretty much without fail.

I second that. Shigeo Futagawa's elevator move hands down, is my favorite elevator card. Angles are great and the reactions I get are amazing from magicians and laymens alike. Really its up to how your present your magic. I have a performance on T11 and on my youtube page if you want to check it out.

P.s Guang you owe me a sleight :p

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK

I use S.W.Elevator regularly and it always seems to fry people. Hmmm...
By the byes, I think I do S.W.Elevator wrong, I found it incredibly easy and had the basic move down (to performance level) after about an hour, an hour and a half of practice. I think I'm doing it how CK described it...I dunno. Anyway, this way works for me, I'm not complaining.:D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results