Thread Question (Read Before Bashing)

So, I know that MR.Houcjin hasn't released the effect yet but I also know that there are a few people who can perform this trick on these forums. Now, I just had a couple of questions that can hopefully be answered by some forum members or even Mr.Houchin himself.

1: Can someone hand me string and say"Do it." And Im ready?
2: Is there a gimmick?
3: Is there a setup?
4: DOES THIS HURT?

All answers are welcome. Even If you only have an answer for one of these, please post it. Any answers would help.

Dylan P.

May 6, 2008
Egypt
I got this from wayne as a reply to a question i asked him about thread:

Greetings! There are 2 methods taught on the DVD - the "Geek Method" and the "Sleight Method." Both of these methods appear identical to your audience. Although I have been performing the Geek Method for about a decade with no problems, there will always be some risk associated with it. The Sleight Method, however, is based entirely in sleight of hand - so there is no risk at all involved. So to answer your question, yes, Thread can be performed safely with no damage to your eye.

Sep 2, 2007
if the method is the same to the swami mantra (Which it probably is by the looks of it) it hurts ALOT. But the slieght method doesn't to my knowledge. there is setup to the geek method, but it's not a gimmick.

And by the way, the slieght method does nto look the exact same. but it looks the same to the SPECTATORS.

Note: this is all speculation. But I'm using my knowledge of the swami-mantra method and Waynes ingenuity.

Sep 2, 2007
I'm almost positive that it's the same. The swami method doesn;t have the synchronization of the piece in the mouth,

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results