Impossible Card Magic by Ray Kosby?

Nov 10, 2007
Few questions:
How hard are the effects?
Are they workable in the real world?
Is Ray Kosby a good teacher?
Overall how is the DVD and is it worth it?

Oct 9, 2007
Australia
WOW.... if thats the only word i'd describe it with.
I love it, it just so much fun to learn from him, anyway your answer:
How hard are the effects?
Intermediate to Advanced
Are they workable in the real world?
Yes
Is Ray Kosby a good teacher?
Very good
Overall how is the DVD and is it worth it?
9.5/10 for me. So I guess it is worth it

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 9, 2007
Yeah, he's stil alive. And the DVD is fantastic, when I saw Raise Rise i was like :eek: Definitely worth checking out.

May 6, 2008
Egypt
I found most of the tricks very difficult since most of them utilise a move which is hard to pull off, personally i think the tricks are great but would require lots of effort to be done properly

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
I'm planning on getting this. I'm also fully aware that i won't perform any of it for some time until i master that damn move. Raise Rise is ridiculous. I do hate Ray's awful and cheesy presentation but his mastery of technique is second to none.

Nov 10, 2007
There are a few effects I want on the DVD but have a few questions about them.
The effects:
Smudge
Pac Jacks
Venus Fly Trap
Oil and Water
Questons:
If you would not mind giving me the difficulty level on each of these?
Are they impromtu or need a gimmick?
Thank you soooo much

Oct 9, 2007
The effects:
Smudge
Pac Jacks
Venus Fly Trap
Oil and Water
Questons:
Thank you soooo much

Smudge. No gimmicks but with a very minor set up. One of the easiest tricks on the DVD and probably the most visual... maybe. Only requires one pretty easy move.

Pac Jacks. Totally impromptu but quite difficult. Need to know Daryl's Hot Shot Cut obviously, and but the rest won't be too hard to get.

Venus Fly Trap uses that move everyone's talking about, The Ambitous Riser, so inevitably it is difficult. It also requires a couple other slieghts which people may find difficult, but it's impromptu.

Oil and Water takes a while to get used to but it's not so hard that you want to give up on it, it's pretty fun to practice like other packet tricks, but it may take some time to get it smooth. Again, it's impromptu.

It's a great DVD/book, definately worth getting.

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
Everything is impromptu.

The content lives up to its name. It is fairly difficult

Definitely usable in the real world, but it does take incredible amount of skill. To put things in perspective, raise rise (as a whole routine) makes the clipshift look simple.

However I would not recommend these effects to be used out on the streets, due to the sheer difficulty and sensitivity involved (you will know once you watch the DVD).

Good magic, but not necessarily the easiest.

The effects:
Smudge
Pac Jacks
Venus Fly Trap
Oil and Water
Questons:
Thank you soooo much
No gimmick is needed for any of these. Difficulty is a relative thing, whats difficult for me might be a piece of cake for you.

The DVD focuses on the uses of one move, which is not the easiest in the world. Smudge, Pac Jacks and the O&W don't use it.

Cheers,

Nov 10, 2007
If I start practicing a trick I will not stop until I get it, sure its hard I may work on it I may not I guess we will see.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results