Aaron and Wayne Shooting in Chico!

Sep 1, 2007
ditto here on the half pass. I have had very good experiences speaking with Aaron. He answers questions quickly and throughly and I would be very happy to see him post a 1on1 about his gravity half pass. I think it could enhance one of the Trilogy tricks a lot. I also think that the misdirection and usefulness of presentation should be addressed. This site has to be protected from outsiders, it is just too good :)

no one directly. but i read a comment from a t11 guy maybe bayme that 3 fry was a bit longer then normal, so i don;t think they are looking to make anything over 10 mins, sorry the 5 was a understatment. still not enough time

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 30, 2007
Just to clear things up: Time isn't an issue for us. We've actually filmed some videos with Aaron so far that will be significantly longer than most other 1 on 1 offerings (by 10 to 20 minutes to give you an idea). We did this because that's how long it takes to properly explain the concepts Aaron was discussing. There is no arbitrary video length cap here. We'll do whatever it takes to treat the information with the respect that it deserves - but generally, 10 minutes feels appropriate for a video on a single move / sleight / etc.

Dana

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
My list:

-Tips on misdirection, any advice that you might have on it, basically a good look into it.
-What are, in your guys opinions, the best double lifts, and the ones that you use most frequently.

I KNOW that I'll think up more for later.

While it may seem like a step backwards for most magicians who've passed beginner level, I think a 1on1 about the double lift would be incredibly helpful. It's been said - on these forums, actually - that the double list is THE hardest sleight to perform deceitfully, and that a magician who believes that his double is perfect is just fooling himself. With all of the magic GENIUS at Theory 11, I'm sure everyone on staff could pitch in a bit of advice on the standard double lift, ranging from subtleties to misdirection to....whatever other tips and tricks the T11 team might have! You guys are a team of magic all-stars - I'm sure that you guys all have stuff to tell us on the double that we haven't ever heard about or thought about before. I'm sure we could all improve this very common sleight with your help.

Thanks for reading, and I'm sure I'll think of something more later,

Ryan

Sep 1, 2007
a video on the pass would do wonders for me. Not just the classic, all variations. Then you could sell all of them on one dvd. That would be fantastic.

Just to clear things up: Time isn't an issue for us. We've actually filmed some videos with Aaron so far that will be significantly longer than most other 1 on 1 offerings (by 10 to 20 minutes to give you an idea). We did this because that's how long it takes to properly explain the concepts Aaron was discussing. There is no arbitrary video length cap here. We'll do whatever it takes to treat the information with the respect that it deserves - but generally, 10 minutes feels appropriate for a video on a single move / sleight / etc.

Dana

thanks for clearing that up dana... i think that opens up the possiablities alot

Sep 1, 2007
austria
i would (like alot of people before) really like to see a 1on1 about various double lifts, maybe the strike and the diving board or some not so famous double lifts, but maybe also some thoughts on the most used ones. of course i would also enjoy the clipshift and the gravity pass.

Sep 1, 2007
a video on the pass would do wonders for me. Not just the classic, all variations. Then you could sell all of them on one dvd. That would be fantastic.

Ah, I can't believe you beat me. I had that idea in my head the whole time I was reading this thread. Actually I thought of it about a week ago....

Well anyway, here's my reasoning to why the classic pass and/or other variations would seriously be PERFECT for the 1-on-1 section. Whenever I was trying to find a source for the pass, I really wanted something easily accessible that I could get for cheap and was taught correctly. The only problem was, I couldn't find one(I eventually got Ninja 1 but I was looking for something cheaper). A 1-on-1 video for the pass was EXACTLY what I needed. I'm constanly reading threads where people are trying to find a good source for the classic pass, well guess what, this could be it. All you have to do is make the video....

Trust me, this video would be helpful for magicians wanting to learn the pass for years to come. Plus, you could also come out with separate video(s) for pass variations. Think about it....

Aug 31, 2007
Funny you should mention Ninja 1. I met Aaron in Blackpool last February, and we were chatting magic in general, when he asked me if I used the pass at all. I said I never really got the hang of it. "Where'd you learn it from?" "Ellusionist." "That's your problem, right there."

Sep 1, 2007
Funny you should mention Ninja 1. I met Aaron in Blackpool last February, and we were chatting magic in general, when he asked me if I used the pass at all. I said I never really got the hang of it. "Where'd you learn it from?" "Ellusionist." "That's your problem, right there."

That's pretty funny, but I don't know what the big deal is. I learned the classic pass perfectly well from Ninja 1. You are supposed to already know the classic pass going into it though, and that just builds onto my reason of why this 1-on-1 video is needed. I'm telling you it would be perfect.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results