Clipshift

Jul 25, 2008
Alright i'm lookin to get surfaced for christmas. Is it worth it? I mean the clipshift looks pretty hard to do in my opinion. Is it? Can anyone tell me how long it would take to perfect it. I'm not a beginner in card magic.

Jul 21, 2008
Ohio
One word to answer your question... YES!

It's definitely worth it. I would have to say that its the best magic-related DVD I've bought in a while. The clipshift if such an amazing utility move. Like you've probably heard, there are virtually infinite uses for it. Now to answer your next question about it's difficulty. I think that its all a matter of opinion. I've heard people claim that they've mastered it in a week. Myself, I thought it was a particularly hard move to master. I think it took me about 2 months to perfect it. After one month, I could do the move practically flawlessly, but I still didn't like my Clipshift, so I practiced for another month, and now I would say that it looks as good as ever. Not Chad Nelson level, but pretty flawless. So yes, I would definitely recommend that you get Surfaced for Christmas.

-Gary-

Jun 4, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
its well worth the time and money to get the clipshift.

but honestly i still dont have it down perfect. i've been practicing it for about a month and a half now but not consantly. maybe 4 hours a week i'll practice it.

hope this helps alittle

-kyle

Sep 2, 2007
Honestly, I wouldn;t get it. The clipshift is as one-handed sidesteal. which is overcomplicating things. it's like using a pass for a color change.

Dec 22, 2007
Except its less noticable than a pass. And its one handed, which makes it look even more impossible. Though i never use the clipshift due angle problems.

Dec 10, 2007
One word to answer your question... YES!

It's definitely worth it. I would have to say that its the best magic-related DVD I've bought in a while. The clipshift if such an amazing utility move. Like you've probably heard, there are virtually infinite uses for it. Now to answer your next question about it's difficulty. I think that its all a matter of opinion. I've heard people claim that they've mastered it in a week. Myself, I thought it was a particularly hard move to master. I think it took me about 2 months to perfect it. After one month, I could do the move practically flawlessly, but I still didn't like my Clipshift, so I practiced for another month, and now I would say that it looks as good as ever. Not Chad Nelson level, but pretty flawless. So yes, I would definitely recommend that you get Surfaced for Christmas.

-Gary-

If its not chad's level then its not "perfected" or "flawless". This move is very difficult to master, i myself havent mastered it yet, and anyone that say that they have in 1 week or 1 month is either lying or have no concept of what perfection or mastering means. It took Jordan Lapping 7 months to get it down, so if you can get it 6 months and 3 weeks faster than Jordan, then why havent we heard of you yet? The fact of the matter is this, its VERY tough move to get perfect, you dont necessarialy need to have it perfect in order to perform it, but just getting it consistant is not mastering it, in fact its far from it. You havent mastered the move until you can do it every time as well as chad or Jordan (and as quiet as them) and have there be no possible way to improve the move.

Back to the rest of the original question, yes it is certainly worth it. It is a very strong move that can be applied to countless things. Chad teaches a few applications of the move, but you will quickly come up with plenty more yourself. It is very well taught. And its not just a color change but rather a utility move like a double lift or a pass would be. Very much worth the time and price to master this move.

Victor Cruz

Jun 10, 2008
Keene, TX
Except its less noticable than a pass. And its one handed, which makes it look even more impossible. Though i never use the clipshift due angle problems.

I don't have angle problems with the move. I've been practicing it for about 5 months now and I have it down pretty good. There are so many things you can do with this move! The only thing I have problems with is that I sometimes make some noise. But whenever I perform it, no one seems to notice.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I got surfaced last week and I must say That it is very nice piece of art, about the level of dificulty, I for example, Already did the one handed pop out move by aaron fisher( a hard move by the way) so when I was learninig the clipshift le'ts say that my fingers kinda were ready for it.. I already got the move down, but I have to perfect it, I have problems with the replacement at the end and making it without sound...

Awesome job, chad became one of my top 5 magic guys.

May 24, 2008
It is only worth it if u r dedicated to perfecting it. You can perform it for one person after a few months. Months later, u shud be able to do it hopefully as good as lapping.

Sep 2, 2007
Filth: I sis NOT say that it was a pass. I said that it was a onehanded SIDESTEAL. and a sidesteal look much more namtural as well. it just looks like you're squaring up the deck, while the slipshift, you never make that movement anywhere else in your magic.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Filth: I sis NOT say that it was a pass. I said that it was a onehanded SIDESTEAL. and a sidesteal look much more namtural as well. it just looks like you're squaring up the deck, while the slipshift, you never make that movement anywhere else in your magic.

In the dvd are a lot of subtleties that make the clipshift invisible, either rolling up your sleeves or another action, like the "invisible" pass, it is not "invisible" you have to make it invisible either with movement or disguised as another action...

I think Chad pretty much covered all the things and details around the clipshift.

Sep 2, 2007
Yes, but it's still overcomplicating something that can be achieve so much easier with a sidesteal

Oct 10, 2007
o gawd took me so long to get clipshift down but its totally worth it
i think it took me 3 months to get it looking 'decent'

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results