Card to box

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
I'm looking for a good card to box effect with the following conditions:

-Impromptu (no setup or gimmick, someone can hand you a pack of cards and you can do it)
-The magician never touches the box
-Can be signed

Now it may be a bit hard to fill all these condition so if there is one that isn't impromptu but fills the last 2 condition, tell me. Thanks!

-Impromptu (no setup or gimmick, someone can hand you a pack of cards and you can do it)
-Can be signed

Now it may be a bit hard to fill all these condition so if there is one that isn't impromptu but fills the last 2 condition, tell me. Thanks!

DM's brand spankin' new ebook Collateral has a card to box called "Boxer." There are three phases, and last phase seems to fit what you are looking for.

Sep 4, 2007

-Can be signed

Why does the magician never have to touch the box. That is a ridiculous condition, in every card to box routine done well, the magician is never seen to touch the box. The condition for a spectator to not touch a box has nothing to do with effect but method, why would you limit yourself to unpractical methods. Remember it is what is seen and remembered by an audience that is the magic, if a spectator never even notices you touching a box, then for all they are concerned you never did touch one. If you think that card to box routines that involve touching the box are inferior, look at Derren Brown, David Blaine, Bob Sheets, James Brown, Kostya Kimlat and almost any other professional close up worker. It is the performance, not a method.

Sep 13, 2008
DM's brand spankin' new ebook Collateral has a card to box called "Boxer." There are three phases, and last phase seems to fit what you are looking for.

I have to agree with that. That is an effect I'm practicing and I really like it.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I have to agree that boxer is a great card to box routine.

As to what you're saying...getting a signed card to box without touching it is difficult impromptu.

You can probably touch it once, pull it from your pocket or move it from a table to someones hand...and make it seem like you never touched it.

It's been said, but re-iterate since I agree, it's all in how you setup the performance. Don't keep saying 'I'm never going to touch the box.'
If someone is holding it and you play it right someone will definitely say 'Dude, he was holding the box, there is no way you could have put it there...'

-Rik

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
I could think of effects that cover one or two of your criteria, but not all of them at the same time. For instance, theres a very simple way that one could supposedly get the signed card into the closed box without even touching it- but It's not impromptu.

The closest thing I could suggest that you may be into is Kostya Kimlat's card to box, Schulien reloaded. So named because it features an extension on the Schulien/Marlo box load. It was published in JJ's Talk about Tricks column.

CL

Jul 21, 2008
Ohio
I like the Jack in the box trick on Ray Kosby's Impossible Card Magic. Its quick and visual, and the patter he uses fits perfectly. But unfortunately, you have to touch the box.

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
You could always have a card already in the box. Then do the signings and whatnot, then it's in the box. I hope you see where i'm going with this

Nov 12, 2008
Here is a great card to box routine called Beneath the Surface. I made it up a while ago. To watch go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H00yJ-0M-9M. If you like it send me a message, and I will give you the method. If posible it would be nice to give me a trick in return. If this is not posible, than maybe I'll give it to you for free.

-nick

Apr 15, 2008
There is one by dan and dave in the nursery rhymes series. IT is very difficult, but it is what you are looking for, except that you have to touch the box, but it could be just to hand it to them if you performed it well. Anyway thats my help.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results