Long Distance Spinner

Nov 7, 2008
i think this would be a good oppurtunity to discuss the long distance spinner, and any hints or tips useful in perfecting it.
ill start by saying 90% of it is the grip and hand strength also that it takes patience

Jul 23, 2008
Placerville Ca.
keep your finger nails short. you cannot do this with a long thumb nail (I've tried it:)) other than that, keep trying, you will get it at some point and after that you will do it consistently forever more.

good luck to all,

bye.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
You really just need more moisture on your thumb. Here's what i do: Lick the tip of your thumb, then wipe it off a little on your shirt. Then try the LDS and you'll find its much better.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Tip 1: When starting, some people find it helpful to use a soft Thumb Tip to build up thumb strength. In fact, many people who have mastered the LDS still use the Thumb Tip.

Tip 2: If not using a Thumb Tip, lick your thumb just a tiny bit, then rub it against your arm once (no more than once, or you won't have enough moisture for it). This will help a lot.

Tip 3: If your fingers feel sore, "cut up", and stretched out, try using just half a deck, then build up from there.

Tip 4: Pay attention to the angle of the deck. You want it pointing at about a 45 degree angle, and make sure the end of the deck isn't angled inwards or outwards- this will severely affect the aim of the card... and not in a good way!

Tip 5: Thumb position on the cards is very important. Play around with different locations to see what fits you best.

Those are just a few tips I would have personally found helpful when starting out. Hope I could help somebody out there!

Mar 8, 2008
New Hampshire
If you can't do it between your index and pinky, then try doing it between your index and ring finger. It is a little uncomfortable at first, but it adds more pressure and you can shoot it higher, in my opinion. It also is easier to do it with half of a deck. I love this move, and spectators find it awesome also, I'd say this is one of my favorites to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
well 100% no need for moisture on the thumb.

use a better grip, by gripping between the ring and index finger, it requires more stretching, but its a lot easier to shoot, trust me...

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
well 100% no need for moisture on the thumb.

Agreed, but it does make it easier to shoot the card higher. I've tried the altered grip, and I found it uncomfortable and hard to aim, but I've seen it work for lots of people that can shoot the cards fairly high.

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
well LDS was the first move i really learnt!

i loved it, but i could never get 100% time, so i slid the card out a little to help, which kinda ruined the effect if you ask me. anyway, i'd do a crappy pass, then shoot the card off :D

nowadays i flourish, and the 3 finger method is a lot more efficient:p

Nov 7, 2008
Thanks

This has been really cool i havent had the chance to check this post i made in a while you guys are mentioning a lot of tips id never even considered. I just wanted to thank you for giving this thread such a large amount of content. :D

Sep 1, 2007
use 3 fingers. but the placement of your index finger is the most important. too far in will stop the card from coming out at all.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results