"Spreadable" Triumph?

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
**I apologize if the has been posted before**

Does anyone know a triumph where your can actually SPREAD the card after they've been shuffled? Cuz that would be jsut the kind of thing i need for the hecklers and my school. So if you know of any good "spreadable" triumphs, please let me know. Thanks!

Sep 2, 2007
London
Yes, Kostya Kimlat's Culligula Triumph, which can be found on his Roadrunner Cull DVD. In this version, the spectators can shuffle, they can drop cards all over the place, change their positions, turn as many as they want face-up or face-down or pretty much do what a heckler would want to do to catch you out. It takes a lot of practice to master, but it's really worth it, and you'll be adding a beautiful utility move to your arsenal that has a multitude of other applications.

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
Get Kostya's dvd, I attended a lecture and a workshop of his a couple weeks ago, the DVD takes you from 0 to cull in a very short time. Once you master the cull Kostya shows you how to use it to replace many moves and sleights such as forces, and controls and key cards placements.

Not only does he teach Cullingula but two other triumphish effects, one that is meant for those who are not terribly proficient with the roadrunner cull called Shuffle First, Ask Questions Later, which is a bit of an inverse triumph affect in which they pick the card from the messed up deck. The other triumph is used as an out, if you drop the cards on purpose or accidentally, the name escapes me, but its along the lines of When all goes wrong. If you are getting this buy it from his site www.kostyamagic.com, it will give you the offer to buy an extra bonus disc which is a nice addition.

This I believe is the best ungimmicked version of triumph due to how clean you can make the move, it will take effort to get good at it, but it is so worth it.

-Alex

**I apologize if the has been posted before**

Does anyone know a triumph where your can actually SPREAD the card after they've been shuffled? Cuz that would be jsut the kind of thing i need for the hecklers and my school. So if you know of any good "spreadable" triumphs, please let me know. Thanks!
If the problem is in the hecklers, than you are attacking the wrong side of the problem.

There are many threads on handling hecklers, feel free to look and read about it :)

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Medifro has hit the nail on the head. If you're looking for spreadable triumphs, that's one thing - if you need it because of hecklers, then this isn't the part you should be focussing on :)

For triumphs, look into Lee Asher's move Continental Divide.

Sep 1, 2007
You could do a standard triumph but alter the handling so that the top 8 cards or so are genuinely mixed face up and face down, then spread through them as you comment on the condition of the deck. Then you just have to either hide these cards or straighten them out in some interesting way on your way through the trick.

Alternatively, there is a triumph in Larry Jenning's Classic Magic book that allows you to show the whole deck mixed face up and face down and doesn't use a cull to straighten it out. Its one of the last tricks in the book, called "spectator's triumph" I believe.

Cheers,
David.

Sep 1, 2007
Melbourne
In terms of the spectators being able to check themselves if the cards are really mixed up ... Kostya's would be the best choice because the audience actually get to shuffle the cards up...

A cheek to cheek deck needs to be switched out if you wanna continue performing with it... and it's just inconvenient to carry around a gaff deck like that if you're just gonna use it for triumph...

cheers

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Medifro has hit the nail on the head. If you're looking for spreadable triumphs, that's one thing - if you need it because of hecklers, then this isn't the part you should be focussing on :)

For triumphs, look into Lee Asher's move Continental Divide.

Is this on one of Lee Asher's lecture notes? Such as sex sells ;)?

GW

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Lee Asher's move is called Pulp Friction, the triumph-like effect you're talking about is called Moment of Zen and there's a real nice performance of it on youtube somewhere.

... Sadly however the effect is not taught in his Pulp Friction booklet. Great move, highly recommend it.

- Sean

Sep 3, 2007
Just don't perform at school for those hecklers and you'll be fine with your current version. As long as the current version you use is not as bad as the original question.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results