Problems with Confidence.

Sep 1, 2007
Amsterdam
I though my reply was pretty much to the point, no? Incase you missed it, the point was stop thinking that it matters, I practise random stuff on the road or in the public transport all the time, it is hilarious when everyone on the bus is trying to find your lost card. Really, nobody cares if you drop a chunk of cards even in performance, it only matters when you think it matters. Practise what kind of stuff is just your own preference, there is no right or wrong when it comes to practise, everything you practise will only improve your handling of that particular effect or similar effect in the future, even practising the most simplistic effect can make a difference, for me I practise what ever I want to at any given moment of time.

Hopefully this answers your question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 2, 2007
practice until you can do it with your eyes closed. I went to a swim meet and had five hours to spend. so I decided to perfect the 360 spider. I can do the 360 spider blindfolded 9/10 perfectly

Aug 30, 2012
One thing I have troubles with is sometimes I practice something too much and then I try to go back to something else and have troubles. Honestly just practice until your smooth and don't worry about your speed, speed just screws things up sometimes. I'd rather do it properly and not screw up then do it lightning fast and drop a couple cards.

-RA69

That is what I have noticed. It seems people are more impressed with a slower fluid flourish than a rapid flourish where things don't flow so well

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
This is just my opinion! For myself, some forty years ago, i found~1) Practice- take a break - practice - stop! Move on to something else. Let your mind iron out most of the problems. Sometimes by continuous practice you wind up working the very flaw causing the problem in to the move itself. 2) There is NO BETTER WAY TO PRACTICE THAN IN FRONT OF A AUDIENCE!! So, take a short trip from where you live, it doesn't need to be far, and find a public place to display your skills for STRANGERS - you know, the people you'll never see again. Remember the good comments and take notes of the bad. 3) Know at least 3 good tricks to use as a break time. And don't forget to bring a container for tips (money). - You'll be surprise the amount of confidence that will be endowed to you when your paid for your efforts.
Take Care - Rich (Just my opinion)

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results