Powerword: Fall by Matt Sconce

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Can you set this up and put the object somewhere, then wait until you and some friends are around and say "FALL". In other words can you set up a teepee of cards, for example, walk away, come back minutes later and still have control over when it falls?

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Can you set this up and put the object somewhere, then wait until you and some friends are around and say "FALL". In other words can you set up a teepee of cards, for example, walk away, come back minutes later and still have control over when it falls?
Yes, you could do that.

I think it would be even better to have them set the cards, up you make them Fall, then they can inspect them.

I dont know why you would want to walk away then come back to it though. Remember its a performance. Matt doesnt really give you magical powers with the dvd. Although, anyone who sees it will argue that.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Yes, you could do that.

I think it would be even better to have them set the cards, up you make them Fall, then they can inspect them.

Wow, thats amazing. It seems really clean even though there is a gimmick. I'm going to go buy this now....

Nov 5, 2007
Yes, you could do that.

I dont know why you would want to walk away then come back to it though. Remember its a performance. Matt doesnt really give you magical powers with the dvd. Although, anyone who sees it will argue that.

Remember to use your powers for good..."there is no spoon" :)

Seriously, I am glad people are getting so much enjoyment out of the illusion. I have two more in the works for release I will keep under my hat, but for now, Power Word: Fall has been released everywhere. You can find it at almost every online Magic dealer. Enjoy! :) -Matt Sconce

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Power Word: Fall... Something I've beene excited about since hearing about it.

I just got it this Tuesday past... Like... Wow, what a fantastic PK illusion. Totally awesome, thank you Matt for releasing this! :D

- Sean

Sep 19, 2007
Australia
Remember to use your powers for good..."there is no spoon" :)

Seriously, I am glad people are getting so much enjoyment out of the illusion. I have two more in the works for release I will keep under my hat, but for now, Power Word: Fall has been released everywhere. You can find it at almost every online Magic dealer. Enjoy! :) -Matt Sconce

I'm slowly catching up, Matt!!! I am now working on ONE effect (this will take a while due to the other film production, you know what i mean) ;)
Release those two before i caught up with ya mate :D
mwahahahaha...

Nov 5, 2007
I'm slowly catching up, Matt!!! I am now working on ONE effect (this will take a while due to the other film production, you know what i mean) ;)
Release those two before i caught up with ya mate :D
mwahahahaha...

I am excited for you in that journey toward a new effect. I have been working hard on a new one myself. I have been getting great reviews for Power Word: Fall and am blown away by the stories I am hearing about reactions. I always wanted the effect to allow people to create that emotional imaginative moment for an audience and it seems people are doing just that. I wish you the best and am here to answer any questions. -Matt Sconce

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Weeeell. You don't actually have magical powers buddy. If all the ad copies around the world said what they used, or even that it uses anything at all, it wouldn't be a very good ad anyway, but there'd be a lot more digging around for methods. Everyone always seems to wish it was perfectly clean and that nothing even needs to be done for magic to take place. But one point you can take from ad copies is that it's what the spectator sees, that counts.

Weeeell. You don't actually have magical powers buddy. If all the ad copies around the world said what they used, or even that it uses anything at all, it wouldn't be a very good ad anyway, but there'd be a lot more digging around for methods. Everyone always seems to wish it was perfectly clean and that nothing even needs to be done for magic to take place. But one point you can take from ad copies is that it's what the spectator sees, that counts.
I do realize that, and after reading back on my post I really sound like a douche. But meh...

JDEN

Nov 5, 2007
Nah, you are entitled to your opinion. Every illusion will have a secret. Some secrets appeal to some magicians while others are not their style. The catch 22 of Illusion marketing is we have to advertise the illusion while maintaining the secret so you can get the most out of it and it is not exposed to everyone, rendering it useless to you. On that note. Wait until you see my PK effect coming out next. It will be released through Paper Crane. I use it every day, and it is pretty darn cool. I hope you have gotten some great reactions with PWF. -Matt Sconce

Dec 7, 2013
Philippines
quick question, can you do this effect where in the spectator says the word fall? and then you make the object fall? because to me it would look stronger if that were possible

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Yes - you could do that. It will be a deviation from the original method, but it's certainly doable.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I think I'll try this out when I start restaurant work. :) Sounds like a reliable effect.

It's a very reliable effect but it probably won't work for restaurant walk around. You would have to have a table you're sitting at.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Oh, I see. Well what about Matt's "Spin" and "The Gift"? Would those be good for restaurant walk around?

The Gift certainly would work out. I could see "Spin" working out as well, but it's not something I would pick. That's the kind of thing I would save for a few tables.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results